Possible Divorce Frag Build

Current State:

In process of tearing down all tanks and putting things in tanks in the house.

One tank down and one to go.

IMG_7678.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far sump is working great. Water clarity is a ton better, as everything hits skimmer chamber first, then goes into macro area and settles throughout. Being as nutrients are not an issue, this is great. The macros get food, hermits get food and the new sump clowns get food. Also found 3 nems in the sump. One gbta that I guess was in a rock I grabbed out of the nem tank and 2 rbta that were splits that went missing last night lol. Guess the will live here if happy. I also like the way they look under natural light. Reminds me of when I saw them diving.

A608E7B2-E179-4F4B-86F1-F3F25355812E.jpeg

FMF0331

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far sump is working great. Water clarity is a ton better, as everything hits skimmer chamber first, then goes into macro area and settles throughout. Being as nutrients are not an issue, this is great. The macros get food, hermits get food and the new sump clowns get food. Also found 3 nems in the sump. One gbta that I guess was in a rock I grabbed out of the nem tank and 2 rbta that were splits that went missing last night lol. Guess the will live here if happy. I also like the way they look under natural light. Reminds me of when I saw them diving.

A608E7B2-E179-4F4B-86F1-F3F25355812E.jpeg
Semper Fi .. Teufel Hunden

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you old salts justify paying for something like a $600 coral, nem, or fish?

I mean, I completely understand the drive to have them due to aesthetics. But when I think about spending that much in a living thing…yeah. I’m reminded of my anxiety diagnosis.

I mean heck, I payed 100$ for choco dude. And I’ve been stressed about making sure he’s fat and happy lol

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you old salts justify paying for something like a $600 coral, nem, or fish?

I mean, I completely understand the drive to have them due to aesthetics. But when I think about spending that much in a living thing…yeah. I’m reminded of my anxiety diagnosis.

I mean heck, I payed 100$ for choco dude. And I’ve been stressed about making sure he’s fat and happy lol
I try not to lol. For nems and such, I will pay quite a bit. Typically, I can carry frags and macro to the local lfs, get store credit and he will order what I want. Sometimes, I do splurge though.

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I try not to lol. For nems and such, I will pay quite a bit. Typically, I can carry frags and macro to the local lfs, get store credit and he will order what I want. Sometimes, I do splurge though.

i suppose you don’t worry about nems because you’re the nem whisperer lol

In some ways I find nem care more intimidating than even an acro focused sps dominated tank. Idk why.

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i suppose you don’t worry about nems because you’re the nem whisperer lol

In some ways I find nem care more intimidating than even an acro focused sps dominated tank. Idk why.
So wait you are saying, is you need a nem? Well, I will send @F i s h y back with a rbta for ya lol.

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So wait you are saying, is you need a nem? Well, I will send @F i s h y back with a rbta for ya lol.

I mean, I’ll take one if you insist hahaha
It would help what has apparently become a documented anecdotal experiment: can 2 week old tank with a hob, 26$ wave maker, and a light geared toward FO and Fowlr marine tanks keep an assortment of corals alive without anything but a salinity meter, an rodi that isn’t set up yet, and a whole lot of knowledge.

so hey. If you wanna send me something I’ll take it. Id say don’t give me anything with a prestigious lineage, but if nothing else documenting my experience will help build knowledge for the poor newbies that stumble on my rambling build lol

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I say that because I'm an ID 10 T and they ain't kickin my butt.

I mean yeah. You ain’t stupid though. And I ain’t you LOL We don’t know yet know what I will be able to care for with no real idea of what I’m doing beyond a theoretical understanding lol.

like I said, I’ll try it. I mean, I can’t actually stop packages getting delivered to my house….

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean yeah. You ain’t stupid though. And I ain’t you LOL We don’t know yet know what I will be able to care for with no real idea of what I’m doing beyond a theoretical understanding lol.

like I said, I’ll try it. I mean, I can’t actually stop packages getting delivered to my house….
Your choice to spend some money on real live rock from the ocean is going to be a great asset and I truly believe that.

Buying the 120 that had been running for half a decade, filled with old rock from many different oceans gave a huge buffer to my learning curve.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 66 46.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 48 33.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back