Possible Divorce Frag Build

Current State:

In process of tearing down all tanks and putting things in tanks in the house.

One tank down and one to go.

IMG_7678.JPG

Last edited:

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My new one came out of the sand bowl for a bit, but when I got phone out, it hid again lol. It did eat, so happy about that.
That’s great news that it’s already eating!

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think it may be time to get some more snails for the nem tank. Gonna have to order me some mexi turbos to keep the zoa rack clean. So until then, I am going to have to clean it.

Also decided to go ahead and place the 2 new mags in the tank. 0 deflation, besides normal water exchange last night after reviewing the video and they stayed inflated all day.

From left to right, new ones are #2 and #4

908CE6B6-A99E-4703-B893-DB06427CBBD2.jpeg

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because I am a nem freak, I have checked on the every 30 minutes lol. This time took some more pics as they look to be settled in now.

Think I might have a slight problem with nem addiction. Think I may need to an AA meeting.

8699E18C-F2ED-43A8-9CC9-FB61C218AE64.jpeg

C1764B06-4435-4E9E-B0EE-56A4DD45D9B7.jpeg

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My opinion is your doing good with nems it’s clowns and wrasse lacking giving the illusion your addicted
Clowns have eggs above the striped haddoni right now, so they are locked in on them when I walk up.

Would love to do wrasse in the nem tank, but worried a little about the massive amounts of random flow if they are close to the nems. Worried they will get caught up in tents.

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns have eggs above the striped haddoni right now, so they are locked in on them when I walk up.

Would love to do wrasse in the nem tank, but worried a little about the massive amounts of random flow if they are close to the nems. Worried they will get caught up in tents.
That’s why I stay with bta’s. My wrasse grab food between the tenticals before the BTA can grab it. Hate to see them learn the hard way

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s why I stay with bta’s. My wrasse grab food between the tenticals before the BTA can grab it. Hate to see them learn the hard way
My worry is when the gyres randomly hit 100% and the disk of a 20” haddoni stands up and they swim by. They not gonna get out of that.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohh an ich’d out scopas lol. Never say the appeal lol.
I'm very seriously considering removing it from the 180. It started as the smallest but is putting on weight the fastest and is always the one instigating.

They are Very pretty. Mine had hlle when I got it. It's stayed the same. No better, no worse

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm very seriously considering removing it from the 180. It started as the smallest but is putting on weight the fastest and is always the one instigating.
Best to do it while they are still “hot”.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's great. One of my favorite shrooms, Roxanne from @LRT missing right after the transfer. Just found it the other day on the opposite end of the tank very very back . Unsure if I will ever be able to get it out of there, But at least I know it's there!
Great news you found her. She will walk and let go of her rock and find a spot to get comfy in. Maybe not so great news if she found a hard to reach spot and settles in and starts dropping babies like crazy. She is one I need to watch and keep in check cause she will drop babies all over the place. Just keep an eye out for them.

Last edited:

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it's only little but ... ! ;)

DSC_0002 (1024x723).jpg
that’s a beautiful nem, what species is it? Looks like a mini maxi

Also beautiful tank Steve.

Last edited:

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great news you found her. She will walk and let go of her rock and find a spot to get comfy in. Maybe not so great news if she found a hard to reach spot and settles in and starts dropping babies like crazy. She is one I need to watch and keep in check cause she will drop babies all over the place. Just keep an eye out for them.
I'm telling you, she's locked up to a base rock, half dug into the sand, back glass side. Impossible to get to, for now at least.

I would love to have little Roxanne's floating around. I cut a foot booger within the first month of having that mushroom. That boogie is 3/4" now and bumpy!!

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm telling you, she's locked up to a base rock, half dug into the sand, back glass side. Impossible to get to, for now at least.

I would love to have little Roxanne's floating around. I cut a foot booger within the first month of having that mushroom. That boogie is 3/4" now and bumpy!!
Pix or it didn't happen haha. Dude the babies throw babies just watch out once she gets going its pretty crazy haha. I'm getting ready to make some condos out of leftover acrylic I have from lid build. Cant wait to get all my Roxanne in one spot and contained!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 20.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 39 52.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.3%
Back