Possible Divorce Frag Build

Current State:

In process of tearing down all tanks and putting things in tanks in the house.

One tank down and one to go.

IMG_7678.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They’re beautiful, also love the vlamingi photobomb that happens just after halfway through haha
Ohh no. the video was longer. Had to cut out the first 30 seconds and the last 20, as the mingi is the worst about photobombing lol.

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how did I miss you had this going on?! Awesome!!
I may not have posted it lol. Had an egg, been keeping it in the 180s sump, as safest place. Will go into the 7’x3’ tank once eating and stay there until at least 1’ then will get its own setup.

Setup will be either a 538 until a I get a setup in Florida going or not will get an 800 gallon tub in the garage. All depends on how I do what with an upcoming build lol.

Either way, it will have a large enough space to be comfortable.

Although it would look awesome in the biocube!!!!!!!!!!!

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may not have posted it lol. Had an egg, been keeping it in the 180s sump, as safest place. Will go into the 7’x3’ tank once eating and stay there until at least 1’ then will get its own setup.

Setup will be either a 538 until a I get a setup in Florida going or not will get an 800 gallon tub in the garage. All depends on how I do what with an upcoming build lol.

Either way, it will have a large enough space to be comfortable.

Although it would look awesome in the biocube!!!!!!!!!!!

sure hope you post the journey my man. You’re doing something most of us only dream of doing (well doing in a good husbandry, enough room for the beasty, sort of way)

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sure hope you post the journey my man. You’re doing something most of us only dream of doing (well doing in a good husbandry, enough room for the beasty, sort of way)
I just hope the little one eats and eats well. Everything else is second nature at this point. Just has to eat.

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Niece came over (the one with a maintained by her 10g SW tank). My nephew started to sing the baby shark song due to the shark. She interupted him real quick. "No Gatlin, that is not a shark you sing about. That shark is a real shark and will eat you when it grows up." He looked at her with amazement and didn't say a word lol. She then proceeded to actually explain to him that it would not really eat him, that it eats crabs in the wild, etc.

She has been doing research on her own it seems. She sounded like a curator at a public aquarium explaining sharks to little kids.

Looks like it is time for her to step up to a 40b/40b DT/sump combo now lol. Just got to talk her parents into it lol.

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, haddonis spawned. Started raising temps 4 days ago, upped phyto dosing and upped moon light cycle.

Temp at 79 from typical 76, water had slight green tint and last night was full moon on moon cycle lights. Right as lights cut on, they stood up and let it go.

5 micron socks are on the drains now, skimmer is turned off and now we try to collect some eggs. Will let sit with no skimmer for about 3 hours and then will kick it up to as wet as it will go and change ATO feed to fresh SW. This way, I can pull out as much as possible quickly and not mess with salinity, as skimmer will be pulling straight SW.

Hard to tell in nem tank, but tank is cloudy as can be lol. Macro tank is easy to see lol.

IMG_7182.JPG
IMG_7181.JPG

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Huge congrats bud. Take notes!
Notes made. After the commotion, thought about it for a sec and went ohh crap. that is 14 haddoni all going to town at once, may need to provide some extra oxygen. Now have bubblers in the tanks. One in front of each return and one under each gyre. Gonna make me some nem foam to skim off and hopefully have nems babies in the future.

Luckily the 40b is setup and ready. Just need to get the gobies out of it and it is where I will put all of the whatever is collected in foam and socks lol.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Notes made. After the commotion, thought about it for a sec and went ohh crap. that is 14 haddoni all going to town at once, may need to provide some extra oxygen. Now have bubblers in the tanks. One in front of each return and one under each gyre. Gonna make me some nem foam to skim off and hopefully have nems babies in the future.

Luckily the 40b is setup and ready. Just need to get the gobies out of it and it is where I will put all of the whatever is collected in foam and socks lol.
The though being kind of gross, is still super cool you were able to get it all done as expected. .

Is it too early to lick the nem "foam"?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back