Possible Divorce Frag Build

Current State:

In process of tearing down all tanks and putting things in tanks in the house.

One tank down and one to go.

IMG_7678.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good, except that blue thing covering up that sweet tile. ;)
It’s carpet, not tile. That stuff was in the spare room of the actual house when we bought the house. Talk about dated. Ripped that out, the paneling from the spare room and then remodeled. All of the stuff from that room was used in the mini barn to make it at least sort of finished lol. Only thing I bought was some wiring, some glue, some screws/nails and the insulation. The windows are even old windows from the house remodel.

Plus, the wife doesn’t gripe about the fish barn. Looks like a nice white mini barn in the backyard, until you open the door lol.

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the sump cleaned. Think the calurpa may need to be thinned lol. Still got more work to do. Zoas to frag some more, random zoas that grew on sand and snails moved to put on plugs and get this thing back to being clean.

BCB4C543-6CE4-4D55-9EA6-C8B6850B1CEE.jpeg

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any plans to set up the other tank? Might be good to let it cycle for a long time just in case, it will be ready for you.
The small frag tank on the right of the pic? If so, gonna give it to a friend of mine whenever he comes over to get it lol. Work is killing him right now. I have had to go refill his dosing contains twice so far in the past month. He is a zoa nut and his 80 lagoon is getting loaded. That tank is only 8” deep when full of water, so it is perfect for a cheap zoa frag tank. Throw a couple of cheap black boxes over it with them turned down and all blue, you have a 36x24 frag tank for little to nothing. Well at least he does lol. I have lights, stand, plumbing, return, skimmer, heaters/inkbird, egg crate frag rack that covers the entire bottom, and a 20L diy sump that goes with it.

Basically, full setup that is ready to run. He is gonna give me a few polyps of each one of the zoas he frags. Works for me lol.

That spot whole side will them be 20L tanks setup to a specific biome with a 150g tub as a shared sump. I really want 4-6 40B tanks, but have to get some and then build a stand so they are stacked. 20L I can just reinforce that bench some and be good lol.

Who knows what I will do when I get bored lol.

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Touche' my friend, Touche'

It is, however, time to take out another mortgage to pay for his seaweed. :oops:
He loves gha as well, scrape some out of the sump if you have some. It will never make it to a rock to grow lol.

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He loves gha as well, scrape some out of the sump if you have some. It will never make it to a rock to grow lol.
Also, if you have an international market near by, they sell nori by the case cheap. Just dried sheets with no additives.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, if you have an international market near by, they sell nori by the case cheap. Just dried sheets with no additives.

Yep, if you buy it 200 sheets at a time it's half off. Just pure dried seaweed is the only ingredient. I will not tell you how quickly they go through that much though.

Tiny will actually try to break the 3d printed holder that literally bolts to the rim of the tank if I don't keep it full. And the Rabbit helps!

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having 5 tangs and a scribbled rabbit besides him may not have been the smartest thing ever. ;Facepalm
Mine eat collard greens (super cheap), kale, spinach, and turnip greens.

All of those above have sufficient vitamins a,c,e and k. Plus one is usually readily available for cheap.

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, if you buy it 200 sheets at a time it's half off. Just pure dried seaweed is the only ingredient. I will not tell you how quickly they go through that much though.

Tiny will actually try to break the 3d printed holder that literally bolts to the rim of the tank if I don't keep it full. And the Rabbit helps!
Does tiny still come up and rub you like a cat when you put food in the clip? I always thought that was awesome when he did that.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine eat collard greens (super cheap), kale, spinach, and turnip greens.

All of those above have sufficient vitamins a,c,e and k. Plus one is usually readily available for cheap.

I put in kale too. They just don't like it as much. I will try collards.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 32 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back