Possible Divorce Frag Build

Current State:

In process of tearing down all tanks and putting things in tanks in the house.

One tank down and one to go.

IMG_7678.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can collect and ship for you if you want?
Also can I still buy some coral off you soon?
Appreciate the offer on collect and ship. My kids have a blast chasing blennies lol. Plus I am nowhere near ready for fish at this point.

As for the corals, I will pm you a list of what I have tomorrow. Got to look at the sand bed of the 90,180, 220 and the other nanos. Poor conchs have no where to walk lol. Also, YOU AINT PAYING FOR THEM!!!!! I give so much away locally, it is no big deal. If you want to meet in the middle, paying shipping is cool lol.

brett_schn

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate the offer on collect and ship. My kids have a blast chasing blennies lol. Plus I am nowhere near ready for fish at this point.

As for the corals, I will pm you a list of what I have tomorrow. Got to look at the sand bed of the 90,180, 220 and the other nanos. Poor conchs have no where to walk lol. Also, YOU AINT PAYING FOR THEM!!!!! I give so much away locally, it is no big deal. If you want to meet in the middle, paying shipping is cool lol.
I’m not going out without an argument at least. I’m paying shipping and throwing u some money to either stock ur new tank or pay for the possible divorce.

I might have to get a Blenny from around here!

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not going out without an argument at least. I’m paying shipping and throwing u some money to either stock ur new tank or pay for the possible divorce.

I might have to get a Blenny from around here!
Well the divorce was avoided mostly when I told her half could be for zoas lol. Then I decided to kick on the big rodi unit to refill my big water storage tank while she was in the shower tonight lol. Sadly, it is first inline after the whole home filter. Water pressure dropped on the cold side and screams of “insert whatever obscenities” (I am sure most were said) directed at me ensued. Was quite funny for me. Had to turn it off though, angry wife means unhappy life lol.

brett_schn

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the divorce was avoided mostly when I told her half could be for zoas lol. Then I decided to kick on the big rodi unit to refill my big water storage tank while she was in the shower tonight lol. Sadly, it is first inline after the whole home filter. Water pressure dropped on the cold side and screams of “insert whatever obscenities” (I am sure most were said) directed at me ensued. Was quite funny for me. Had to turn it off though, angry wife means unhappy life lol.
Uh oh. That’s not good! I’m starting to love zoas more and more in the last few years. My soft spot for them has grown. Especially because my lfs just got a whole tank for all kinds of zoa frags

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, it is up and running. Have to finish the ATO and skin it. Not a fan of using a tub for ATO lol.

Added a few rocks to the tank and drilled them for plugs before adding. Figured what the heck lol.

Also, the first 2 frags were added. A small rock with some zoas/palys on it and a small bi-color hammer frag.

Both are opening up and the single purple paly polyp is already open after about 15 minutes. The hammer is starting to come out also. Probably helps that this tank matches all of my other tanks parameters perfectly. Had to dose nitrate and phosphate to get it up in this one, but all good.

Excuse the blue. I can’t turn on whites with t5s lol.

CEEFDBBE-7B4F-4F6D-97A5-1A6AECE91E14.jpeg
66D7C45A-BA5F-4588-BBE7-3A12B12D84A6.jpeg
003B7EE2-B0AA-4943-9DD8-9A7038E9F55A.jpeg

brett_schn

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From front to back.

B+
C+
B+
P+
Actinic (possibly going to change to a aqua blue special for a little more white)
B+
C+
B+
Very similar to mine although my pictures don’t get too washed out. I have B C P B
im also thinking about ordering an AB too
I honestly think though t5s make the tank look so much clearer. Not sure why

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very similar to mine although my pictures don’t get too washed out. I have B C P B
im also thinking about ordering an AB too
I honestly think though t5s make the tank look so much clearer. Not sure why
My phone is jacked. I broke the back glass, camera won’t stop shaking while trying to focus on something and since then, any amount of blue blows it out. The pics of my 180 taken recently are t5s and halides off and kessils at 100% white and they still get a touch of blue wash.

brett_schn

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My phone is jacked. I broke the back glass, camera won’t stop shaking while trying to focus on something and since then, any amount of blue blows it out. The pics of my 180 taken recently are t5s and halides off and kessils at 100% white and they still get a touch of blue wash.
What that’s what happens with mine. Mine stops shaking if I hit the side of my phone lol! What phone do you have?

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What that’s what happens with mine. Mine stops shaking if I hit the side of my phone lol! What phone do you have?
I may have hit the side too many times lol. That used to work.

iPhone XR that has been seriously abused. Dropped, ran over with a tractor, dove to 50’ or so with it in my pocket (oops), and it still sort of works lol.

brett_schn

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may have hit the side too many times lol. That used to work.

iPhone XR that has been seriously abused. Dropped, ran over with a tractor, dove to 50’ or so with it in my pocket (oops), and it still sort of works lol.
Hahaha. I have an iPhone 8. Babied this thing and it still goes to hell. I babied it bc it was a gift from my parents and they said it’s the only phone they will pay for. I’m going to pick up a used iPhone 11 or xs with a broken screen or something to fix and Abuse Bc this phone has gone to hell glitching

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just changed the bulbs lol. I like it much better.

The T5 end looks like normal reef diving and the led end looks like deeper water with how it is setup. Lower light stuff and such are going on the led end anyways.

Here is how it is now.
D49E8416-E45B-4B76-9AAF-7D22E352761A.jpeg

dieselkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There an app called Snapseed. I use it to correct white balance. Click tools, white balance is the first slider. Slide it to where your tank looks like in person. Click check mark. Export. Saved to your gallery of pictures.

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There an app called Snapseed. I use it to correct white balance. Click tools, white balance is the first slider. Slide it to where your tank looks like in person. Click check mark. Export. Saved to your gallery of pictures.
Gonna try it now lol. I moved my office to the fish barn, so the tank is right behind me lol.

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @dieselkeeper

A few before and afters. Again ignore the mess lol. It is on my agenda to clean this thing out this weekend. And camera is still junk, but it does clean them up better than the Apple settings.

Before 1
E10FC7F4-0347-43A5-ACDB-69FE2598E2C9.jpeg

After 1
1AB596B1-D8BC-441A-9B21-DA043BBECF9A.jpeg

Before 2
A01F8B22-2FAC-4456-8588-D9C54911499C.jpeg

After 2
CBCD5FD8-2479-4C97-B9E8-4F7264A03D71.jpeg

dieselkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Eagle_Steve You're welcome. Following your progress. I want to do a frag system like yours. I thought about putting a metal halide on light mover. Gotta clean out the garage first.

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Eagle_Steve You're welcome. Following your progress. I want to do a frag system like yours. I thought about putting a metal halide on light mover. Gotta clean out the garage first.
I have 8 250 w and 5 400w in here, but don’t wanna use. My main tanks all have halides and those are back ups lol. If halides ever go away, I will be sad, but have a ton of ballasts and bulbs also lol.

Nothing bad against led and t5s. I just love halides lol. T5 are second and leds are useful. Just old and old school I guess.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 102 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back