Possible Divorce Frag Build

Current State:

In process of tearing down all tanks and putting things in tanks in the house.

One tank down and one to go.

IMG_7678.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little update.

Put sand back in the frag tank. Figured the nems would appreciate it.

Got the macro tank sectioned off. Still have to put the red alages, the codium and mermaid brushes in the empty side with my oyster cluster. The dosing pump is now setup on it. Little bit of sodium nitrate, cheato grow and pure ammonia is the fuel. Also added a very large old Jabeo dc powerhead. It really move the water and helps keep an detritus off the macro.

590AB8C3-55FD-44CC-A39B-61071CB7899E.jpeg

3E0708B3-B1C6-450F-B120-E1F6DD2554F5.jpeg

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, fish barn is a mess again. I hate 15-18 hour work days, end of month billing and people who cannot update a forecast for their billing lol.

Mess isn’t actually that bad. Just pulled out some stuff, as I may be doing a tub for more macros or something else. Figured my emergency tub could be setup to still be that as needed, but tied into the macro sump for when not needed.

It will get cleaned this weekend and after all of the other crap is done, I may just throw the tub up. I have everything to do it lol.

View from my chair lol. Sad, I know.

8E9CC0CF-DC91-4453-8B6C-E42369074A6C.jpeg

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, fish barn is a mess again. I hate 15-18 hour work days, end of month billing and people who cannot update a forecast for their billing lol.

Mess isn’t actually that bad. Just pulled out some stuff, as I may be doing a tub for more macros or something else. Figured my emergency tub could be setup to still be that as needed, but tied into the macro sump for when not needed.

It will get cleaned this weekend and after all of the other crap is done, I may just throw the tub up. I have everything to do it lol.

View from my chair lol. Sad, I know.

8E9CC0CF-DC91-4453-8B6C-E42369074A6C.jpeg
Looks like my fish room about 20 minutes after the wife power cleans it haha whaddya gonna do

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like my fish room about 20 minutes after the wife power cleans it haha whaddya gonna do
Well, it was just a quick look and see what I have to make the tub work. Hence the box of plumping stuff, the box underneath it with pumps/powerheads, and egg crate to lake sure I had enough for a rack lol.

Got to set it up now. Was feeding fish in sump for 180 and found out that I had an awesome hitchhiker from the dock rock I brought back this last trip.

About a 3/4” long plumed scorpionfish. Want him to grow fast, so need to get him out of sump and feed him more than the 10 billion gammarid amphipod he has right now lol.

Excuse the pistol shrimp. It comes out when I look into fuge section. It knows food is about to be had lol. Little guy is bottom of pic.

C8AFA4E9-53DB-442B-B3F3-47ED0EC3B21F.jpeg

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, it was just a quick look and see what I have to make the tub work. Hence the box of plumping stuff, the box underneath it with pumps/powerheads, and egg crate to lake sure I had enough for a rack lol.

Got to set it up now. Was feeding fish in sump for 180 and found out that I had an awesome hitchhiker from the dock rock I brought back this last trip.

About a 3/4” long plumed scorpionfish. Want him to grow fast, so need to get him out of sump and feed him more than the 10 billion gammarid amphipod he has right now lol.

Excuse the pistol shrimp. It comes out when I look into fuge section. It knows food is about to be had lol. Little guy is bottom of pic.

C8AFA4E9-53DB-442B-B3F3-47ED0EC3B21F.jpeg
Sweet hitchiker man! Ahh the pods. My tables have exploded again. Cant wait to get fish up top and get another wrasse its gratifying to watch them tear the pods up. If they didn't molt and make such a mess it would be one thing. They do irritate shrooms when they nestle in next to feet. Mine get huge around here man nothing to stop them haha
Where do you get that white rack?

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet hitchiker man! Ahh the pods. My tables have exploded again. Cant wait to get fish up top and get another wrasse its gratifying to watch them tear the pods up. If they didn't molt and make such a mess it would be one thing. They do irritate shrooms when they nestle in next to feet. Mine get huge around here man nothing to stop them haha
Where do you get that white rack?
Egg crate light diffuser from Lowe’s or Home Depot lol. Like 12 bucks for a 2’x4’ sheet. You can krylon it black if you want, but coralline grows on it so quickly, I have never worried with it.

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have decided to do a few things today.

Weld last piece of exhaust pipe section on the red car and then it is done. Well, excluding eating until my fully programmable ecu gets here for it.

That leaves a lot of time today for the tanks.

so here is my list.

Replace leds on frag tank with my old t5s. Just not happy with the leds. Gave it a month and growth isn’t the same and coloration isn’t as good on the corals. Softies are fine, but everything else just doesn’t look the same.

I know they are sb reef, so not the greatest. Even with changing some leds out to make the spectrum better, they just don’t do it for me.

I will be setting up a shroom tank as well. This will share the same sump as the frag tank and I may use the sb reef on it. The few shroom in the frag tank now seem to be doing great under leds. But who knows, I have t5s for it also lol.

Redo the macro grow out tank to have tons of rock in the sump. There are so many pods and micro fauna growing in the display part, it seems
I should do it to seed the rock. Also, being as the tank is dosed ammonia, it will allow for the rock to be used to create nitrate for the plants. Yes the plants consume ammonia just fine, but it seems like they appreciate a little nitrate along with it. Hopefully that will mean I can just dose a little more ammonia and stop dosing nitrate.

frag my zoas and palys. Going to split up some colonies in the frag tank. Anything with more than 10 heads will get split to 3-4 per tile. I don’t do 1 head crap. Takes forever for them to pop new heads.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back