Possible Flukes? Need help

jercompton94

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve had my fish in copper power since April 1st. now they seem to be doing good, but I seen one white raised spot on her right side under her fin. I wanted to see what you guys thought about it because im trying to medicate correctly

Thank you and attached is some video I tried to get

IMG_2568.jpeg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jercompton94 Welcome to the Fish Disease Treatment and Diagnosis Forum!

The #fishmedic team and other knowledgeable members of our community will do our best to help you resolve your questions. Please provide as much of the following as you are able:
  • Brief description of the issue you are observing and answers to the following questions:
    • How long have you had the fish with the condition?
    • Did you quarantine with medication when you first acquired the fish? (If Yes, which medication?)
  • Current water quality measurements
  • Clear photos of the issue taken using WHITE light and/or a short video of any behaviors (post in your response or on YouTube).
If you can help us by providing as much of the above info as possible, it will make diagnosing and providing recommendations for treatment MUCH easier! The Fish Medic team will get back to you as quickly as possible. In the meantime, other members of our community may also share their experience with similar situations and advice that they may have regarding your situation.

You may also feel free to provide a more detailed description of the condition if you wish to share more info than the above list.

Additionally, these links may be useful while you await a response:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
So I’ve had my fish in copper power since April 1st. now they seem to be doing good, but I seen one white raised spot on her right side under her fin. I wanted to see what you guys thought about it because im trying to medicate correctly

Thank you and attached is some video I tried to get

IMG_2568.jpeg

Looks to be a skin tag from a nick or small injury and should heal on its own , however hard to confirm as there is suspended debris within the tank which makes it a possibility of debris on the skin also
Flukes are rarely if ever seen with naked eye and often signs/symptoms will suggest flukes such as itching/scratching, heavy breathing, loss of appetite, sudden darting , wobbly swimming and hiding as examples

OP
OP
J

jercompton94

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks to be a skin tag from a nick or small injury and should heal on its own , however hard to confirm as there is suspended debris within the tank which makes it a possibility of debris on the skin also
Yeh I cleaned the glass so I can take a better video I will try to take another one

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Ok I tried getting another video idk if this helps. Idk how people get such clear pictures and videos

Good video. Overall fish look good. I see a little aggression with the one clown.
maintain and monitor water quality

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, this looks like a minor blemish from an injury.

OP
OP
J

jercompton94

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok now that has disappeared and she got this

Seems like it was growing or something now u can see it today do you think it’s a stress indicator since I dipped her in freshwater?

I was going to put them in the DT today cause my QT is leaking
Today video

I seen it on the 16th

April 16th video

Thanks

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe a burn from the heater I burned my hand on it before idk please help thanks

Heaters won't burn fish, they would need to cover a good portion of the tube for a longer period to actually get burned from it.

More likely, this is a missing/dislodged scale from scrapping with the other clown. They don't seem to be severely fighting, but they also don't look super-bonded. A little squabbling is typical for this species, and in minor instances, you'll likely never see it, as when you are in the room watching them, they will stop fighting and watch you (grin).

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 95 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back