Possible Scratch - or crack?

reeffirstaid

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 11, 2012
Messages
449
Reaction score
81
Location
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone.

While cleaning my Red Sea Max today (water change and algae clean) I noticed either a scratch or crack in the glass. It resides right where I park the Hammerhead magnetic algae cleaner so I didn't notice it before. It's clearly been there a while, (the tank has only been up and running for 6 months) as algae had grown in the small recess. I marked it with a dry erase pen so that I can monitor the spot in case it were to spread, signaling a crack. Although it's clear it isn't through the glass as I felt it with my fingernail and it isn't very deep though you can feel a recess. Has anyone had anything similar happen. I don't know if the spot was there when I set the aquarium up or if sand was caught in the magnetic algae cleaner, (which is very strong) and scratched the glass. I tried getting a picture but in any picture the scratch or crack does not turn out.

thanks ...
 
That is my guess. I wish I could get a good picture but my guess is that algae magnet scratched the glass ...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new