Possibly the best dosing pumps that money can buy? The new Reef Factory ones are here!!

Treehrtsme

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Tbh what's up with this? I've seen this user say RF is bad, then say it's the greatest, them post a review of his thoughts on the individual products, generally positive, but I feel like there's unresolved contradictions with users story.

I have no problem with user, not trying to call him out, but I own a couple of things by reef factory and I'm considering getting more equipment from their platform but it seems like no one has any experience or detailed information but him, which is mixed saying he sold it all and never look back and then soon after sang praises about how good reef factory is.

I'm just genuinely trying to figure out whether investing in a portion of their products could backfire. With all the research I've done I hear little issues from people like the lights going disco ball at night for no reason and other things that seem like they could be detrimental to your tank. The fact that everything is controlled only by Wi-Fi brings up the concern of what happens if I don't have a good Wi-Fi connection or gets cut off? Will the system continue to function as it was being instructed to before, or just shut down? Is some part of the system going to go berserk? Is my ATO just going to completely empty into the tank or is one of the dosers going to just start running and not stop? I'm seriously just looking for legitimate information on reef factory because I know there's some good and bad but as a company putting out seemingly innovative products and not many people posting about them it's hard to put trust in them, especially when some of them are just knock offs of budget brands with the Wi-Fi chip and controller attached. I mean with what the smart roller says it can do and it's footprint it would make it the most efficient Auto fleece roller on the market especially with the size of its footprint.

Similar concerns with the base pump. It will actually run at 5%, and is extremely quiet. With its power I could use it on a sub 50 gallon tank, even a nano, as a return pump and a pump to supply reactors, but if that pump suddenly decides to shoot up to full output, which is something that could potentially happen if I'm powering or controlling it with the hydros system, God knows what it would do to my tank.

I know they tried to come in hard on the American market and it seemed like it backfired. A lot of people think this was because of the control and what happened with the app, but I feel like there's other things going on then no one knows about. Is this a company that's going to put out new innovative products like the smart roller, or are they just going to fall off completely. Are they actually making completely original products that do what they say? That's my biggest concern. You can see that even BRS is heavily discounting their stuff. The question is why? Is the answer simply that it's just bad? Same thing with their lights. With the little reviews and information I found it's like either their lights maybe a decent competitor or they're just pretending to be....

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tbh what's up with this? I've seen this user say RF is bad, then say it's the greatest, them post a review of his thoughts on the individual products, generally positive, but I feel like there's unresolved contradictions with users story.

I have no problem with user, not trying to call him out, but I own a couple of things by reef factory and I'm considering getting more equipment from their platform but it seems like no one has any experience or detailed information but him, which is mixed saying he sold it all and never look back and then soon after sang praises about how good reef factory is.

I'm just genuinely trying to figure out whether investing in a portion of their products could backfire. With all the research I've done I hear little issues from people like the lights going disco ball at night for no reason and other things that seem like they could be detrimental to your tank. The fact that everything is controlled only by Wi-Fi brings up the concern of what happens if I don't have a good Wi-Fi connection or gets cut off? Will the system continue to function as it was being instructed to before, or just shut down? Is some part of the system going to go berserk? Is my ATO just going to completely empty into the tank or is one of the dosers going to just start running and not stop? I'm seriously just looking for legitimate information on reef factory because I know there's some good and bad but as a company putting out seemingly innovative products and not many people posting about them it's hard to put trust in them, especially when some of them are just knock offs of budget brands with the Wi-Fi chip and controller attached. I mean with what the smart roller says it can do and it's footprint it would make it the most efficient Auto fleece roller on the market especially with the size of its footprint.

Similar concerns with the base pump. It will actually run at 5%, and is extremely quiet. With its power I could use it on a sub 50 gallon tank, even a nano, as a return pump and a pump to supply reactors, but if that pump suddenly decides to shoot up to full output, which is something that could potentially happen if I'm powering or controlling it with the hydros system, God knows what it would do to my tank.

I know they tried to come in hard on the American market and it seemed like it backfired. A lot of people think this was because of the control and what happened with the app, but I feel like there's other things going on then no one knows about. Is this a company that's going to put out new innovative products like the smart roller, or are they just going to fall off completely. Are they actually making completely original products that do what they say? That's my biggest concern. You can see that even BRS is heavily discounting their stuff. The question is why? Is the answer simply that it's just bad? Same thing with their lights. With the little reviews and information I found it's like either their lights maybe a decent competitor or they're just pretending to be....
Well I bought their x4 pro dosing pumps…I’ll write up a review once I get around to insta. Should be this weekend.

don.chaneaux

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I bought their x4 pro dosing pumps…I’ll write up a review once I get around to insta. Should be this weekend.

Looking forward to your review! I've seen many random youtubers from Europe (maybe even Australia and Asia) that run RF tech.

I also took a shot in the dark and bought some x4 pro dosing pumps when BRS had them for 40% off recently. I am in the middle of a tank build so it is going to be many months before any dosing pumps are setup. Hoping these are on the positive side of the RF spectrum.

There were some threads on ultimatereef.net where they were going back and forth about the non-pro dosing pumps continuing to work(or not) as scheduled when the device lost internet connectivity. Users experienced both conditions where it would continue to dose and another stopped dosing upon loss of internet connectivity. If I recall, someone said RF support told them it would work normally when no connectivity. :upside-down-face:

Treehrtsme

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Admittedly..... I did the same but I'm so far behind on my projects I have not even started my dosing containers and just started the schematics for my ato, which is the easiest part because more I'm going to go back in fourth in my head about what colors of acrylic I should use, or if I should combine it with PVC....

I will say I spent the time to hook up the thermo control today, and while the app still seems to have a terrible UI it only took me one try to get it connected this time. The pH monitor was much more difficult, and I don't know if it's the probe, but the readings are getting werr all over the place. Anyone else used the pH monitor?

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking forward to your review! I've seen many random youtubers from Europe (maybe even Australia and Asia) that run RF tech.

I also took a shot in the dark and bought some x4 pro dosing pumps when BRS had them for 40% off recently. I am in the middle of a tank build so it is going to be many months before any dosing pumps are setup. Hoping these are on the positive side of the RF spectrum.

There were some threads on ultimatereef.net where they were going back and forth about the non-pro dosing pumps continuing to work(or not) as scheduled when the device lost internet connectivity. Users experienced both conditions where it would continue to dose and another stopped dosing upon loss of internet connectivity. If I recall, someone said RF support told them it would work normally when no connectivity. :upside-down-face:
It would seem like terrible programming if they didn’t.

I currently have 1 kamoer x1 pro set up. And plenty of people complained about that one. I had no issues getting it set up.

I will say that the RF dosing lines are tiny. I made my dosing containers and had to use a barbed connector to reduce the size from a small piece of 1/4 hose to the RF 1/8 hose.

Treehrtsme

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
It would seem like terrible programming if they didn’t.

I currently have 1 kamoer x1 pro set up. And plenty of people complained about that one. I had no issues getting it set up.

I will say that the RF dosing lines are tiny. I made my dosing containers and had to use a barbed connector to reduce the size from a small piece of 1/4 hose to the RF 1/8 hose.
I'll have to keep that in mind. What do you all plan on using it to dose? Just the standard or something different? I would think with the whole 0.01ml thing, which is high end multi thousand dollar lab equipment level according to my chemist (if it's true and consistent), you could dose much more concentrated solutions. I'm all about cramming as much equipment into the smallest of tank stands. With a peninsula build that has two shelves, both ends of the top will fit my kraken, launch, x4, we v2, doser, power strip, and pump and power head controls but using the bottom compartment for a what you can barely call a sump and then 2 418 and an ATO, the smaller the dosing containers the better

don.chaneaux

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll have to keep that in mind. What do you all plan on using it to dose? Just the standard or something different? I would think with the whole 0.01ml thing, which is high end multi thousand dollar lab equipment level according to my chemist (if it's true and consistent), you could dose much more concentrated solutions. I'm all about cramming as much equipment into the smallest of tank stands. With a peninsula build that has two shelves, both ends of the top will fit my kraken, launch, x4, we v2, doser, power strip, and pump and power head controls but using the bottom compartment for a what you can barely call a sump and then 2 418 and an ATO, the smaller the dosing containers the better
I saw this youtube video (14:30 in - you can set the subtitles to translate to english) where the user attached some tips to the end of the output line to accurately get to 0.01ml measurements.

Treehrtsme

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
I saw this youtube video (14:30 in - you can set the subtitles to translate to english) where the user attached some tips to the end of the output line to accurately get to 0.01ml measurements.
I'd really like to take the thing apart and see what hardware it has. That's impressive but in the long run I don't know what I'd utilize it for. Is there a reason you need such precise dosing?

don.chaneaux

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd really like to take the thing apart and see what hardware it has. That's impressive but in the long run I don't know what I'd utilize it for. Is there a reason you need such precise dosing?
Oh for me, I do not need such precise dosing. You had mentioned 0.01ml in your previous post so just wanted to note that one might need that attachment to obtain that level of precision.

Treehrtsme

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Also anyone have any thoughts or experience with the KH keeper Plus? Normally I wouldn't even consider, but you can get them for around $500 right now. Regular testing can be tedious, but just setting some of this stuff up it can take hours and I'm wondering if it really pays off in the long run. It looks like a nice compact device, but as a reef factory seems to have low presence in the US market rn, it makes me hesitant to throw down money on something that could potentially break and then have to deal with even more tedious nightmare of customer service with a company halfway across the world.

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thrift store dosing containers-

Attachments

• IMG_0733.jpeg
    IMG_0733.jpeg
    108.5 KB · Views: 3

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe with trace elements if your dosing some of those the daily doses are tiny

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Supposedly you can also have the pumps run in reverse- which was something I wanted incase I decided to hook one up to a bottle of phyto in the fridge

don.chaneaux

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also anyone have any thoughts or experience with the KH keeper Plus? Normally I wouldn't even consider, but you can get them for around $500 right now. Regular testing can be tedious, but just setting some of this stuff up it can take hours and I'm wondering if it really pays off in the long run. It looks like a nice compact device, but as a reef factory seems to have low presence in the US market rn, it makes me hesitant to throw down money on something that could potentially break and then have to deal with even more tedious nightmare of customer service with a company halfway across the world.
Might be better off with Hydros Maven or Kamoer Reef Master SPA when they are released

geko522

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty dang happy with these ones so far, the new pro dosing pumps from Reef Factory are hands down the best dosing pumps I've ever tried! :star-struck:

Well done! If anyone is looking for a 1 or 4 channel doser with the best app money can buy, look no further!

Advertised with an accuracy of 0.01 ml - and up to 48 dosing interval per day.

Currently dosing phosphate down and nitrate up.

Now; time for them to perfect the Smart Tester and get me those nitrate reagents

PXL_20240104_120845211.MP.jpg
Could you dose kalkwasser with this dosing pump?

radiata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know if these RF Pro Dosers can be run with a simple on/off contoller? I browsed through their manual and I recollect they indiated you could. If they can, it makes buying these at 40% a no-brainer.

Treehrtsme

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Anyone know if these RF Pro Dosers can be run with a simple on/off contoller? I browsed through their manual and I recollect they indiated you could. If they can, it makes buying these at 40% a no-brainer.
Are they still being sold at 40%? The written manual told me pretty much nothing. Are you referring to a single head? Everything is wifi but I could turn it on and off if powered by any hydros device can't say about the app

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back