Post Live Rock Reef Setup - Let see them

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
KP is what I'm going with once the tank is ready. It's expensive but based on extensive research it's the best of the best. I would never touch dry rock for obvious reasons.

I mean, it’s really good. But any of the big three - KP, Tbs, glr have amazing primo rock. I wouldn’t say one is best per say.

that said you certainly can’t go wrong with KP. I love mine and would happily order again if I had the funds.

as it stands the above rock will be going in with some dry rock. I have 75lbs to scape with. Probably going to use 50lbs of the marco for scaping and try to find some people around me who have some good, old, living rock.

but then I’m team as much biodiversity as possible. So I don’t mind using a little bit of dry rock since I have a plan to keep increasing the microbial biodiversity of my tank.

Blumy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One year. Can’t do that with dry rock if you ask me.

C07614CE-3E35-4B90-BE57-0122F49AB7F3.jpeg

F147C672-447E-4DD6-8DF1-7B643EDD1216.jpeg

OP
OP
VermontReefs

VermontReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean, it’s really good. But any of the big three - KP, Tbs, glr have amazing primo rock. I wouldn’t say one is best per say.

that said you certainly can’t go wrong with KP. I love mine and would happily order again if I had the funds.

as it stands the above rock will be going in with some dry rock. I have 75lbs to scape with. Probably going to use 50lbs of the marco for scaping and try to find some people around me who have some good, old, living rock.

but then I’m team as much biodiversity as possible. So I don’t mind using a little bit of dry rock since I have a plan to keep increasing the microbial biodiversity of my tank.
I've thought about using some dry rock pieces to bolster the base and create some shapes. I'm going for the two island look and I would love some shelvy pieces. However, my concern is that by introducing any dry rock whatsoever that I will have the same algae issues as sole dry rock setups. Have you blended a little dry with a majority live and had success without algae issues?

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've thought about using some dry rock pieces to bolster the base and create some shapes. I'm going for the two island look and I would love some shelvy pieces. However, my concern is that by introducing any dry rock whatsoever that I will have the same algae issues as sole dry rock setups. Have you blended a little dry with a majority live and had success without algae issues?
I’ve not added dry yet but I’m not overly worried about algae growth as I have an ATS which I suspect will help with the GHA and Turf uglies.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back