Post your magnifica anemone

Oceanavekid

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 21, 2017
Messages
250
Reaction score
51
Location
California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
magnifica moved from the sand bed to the front of the tank. Been there for a few weeks. My clowns went straight for it when I first added it to the tank.

IMG_2086.jpeg
 
The purple tip I had for about 2 years. It is not large only about 12 inches.
 
Mine is below

I've had since last Christmas. Newly cycled tank (30 days since first wet). Nem was about ~5 inches. Now is around 14 inches or so 7 months later.

Has been really good at staying on its pedestal in the tank until the last 4 weeks or so... Is now restless. Went on vacation last week. Nem got down accross the sand bed and onto the glass overnight . Thank fully the Nem went back to up to its home once the lights came on. Has been climbing down and around its pedestal about every day or two recently but so far always returns its sunny home. I plan on installing another LED at some point in hopes of addressing the current restlessness.

IMG_6061.jpeg
 
If any of you guys is looking for a KILLER purple mag ...Dr Mac has one now for $499...not Cheap...but NICE show specimen...
 
Do everyone’s ball up regularly?
IMG_1993.jpeg


This is the closest mine has gotten to balling up:

IMG_3659.jpeg


IIRCC, they do this when they are expelling waste.

I believe mine may have slightly bleached during Cipro treatment, so I would be willing to say that it doesn’t produce much waste since it’s most likely trying to repopulate its Zoox. Someone please correct me if I am completely wrong, but that’s just my hypothesis.
 
This is the closest mine has gotten to balling up:

IMG_3659.jpeg


IIRCC, they do this when they are expelling waste.

I believe mine may have slightly bleached during Cipro treatment, so I would be willing to say that it doesn’t produce much waste since it’s most likely trying to repopulate its Zoox. Someone please correct me if I am completely wrong, but that’s just my hypothesis.
Hmmm that’s very interesting. It does seem to be some type of regular process it goes through. Mine will do it at sun up and sun down. But there are also times where it goes for weeks without doing it at all.
 
I have had quite a few anemones but never a magnifica. Mine all shriveled up daily and reexpanded, water exchange and waste expulsion i believe. I dont know for sure, but i would think all anemones do.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new