Potential treatment for dinos?

I tried almost everything, from increasing temperatures to 28 °C to UV, increased nutrients etc. The only thing that killed Amphidinium in my case was silicate dosing, and a final blackout once they were almost gone. 3 months of battle solved in 3 weeks once I started dosing silicate. Since then I kept dosing Si in low amounts (0.2 ppm/day). I suspect that what you observed is not the direct effect of temperature but the increase in micro-organisms abundance caused by higher temperatures and bacteria/Si dosing.
 
138044A4-EAD9-4A84-91E9-4A79EF256B0D.jpeg
I tried almost everything, from increasing temperatures to 28 °C to UV, increased nutrients etc. The only thing that killed Amphidinium in my case was silicate dosing, and a final blackout once they were almost gone. 3 months of battle solved in 3 weeks once I started dosing silicate. Since then I kept dosing Si in low amounts (0.2 ppm/day). I suspect that what you observed is not the direct effect of temperature but the increase in micro-organisms abundance caused by higher temperatures and bacteria/Si dosing.

:-)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new