Potter wrasses in QT

DylanE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After looking for a while, I finally managed to scoop up 4 potter's wrasses. They were delivered early this week, and have been in QT for 3 days now. They actually ended up being a late delivery and I thought for sure they would all be goners, but so far 4/4 are doing great! They are all taking mysis + selcon and have set their internal clocks, digging in and out together every night. I am hoping for a trio or pair, and ordered more due to their reputation for being really tough to ship and QT. So far so good, but I'm not holding my breath by any means. As far as I can tell, I've got 1 male and 3 females, maybe 2 and 2. Sorry for the terrible quality photos, I had to creep shot them from 10 feet away. Having QT leopards solo in the past, they seem to do so much better as a group. They don't appear stressed, and roam the tank together in a little pack. Unless I'm right up against the glass, they are out and about.

Planning to do Prazi after a week of eating, and other than that just observation unless they start showing issues.

IMG_1028.JPG

IMG_1043.JPG

IMG_1044.JPG

TessGlo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a potters and it's one of my favorite fish. I lost the first one I got in QT, but the one I have now showed all the signs of health yours are showing, so that is good. I've had a very hard time sexing mine, the difference is supposed to show in changes in their face pattern, but mine looks right in between the two, so it could be transitioning. I can really only inspect the face pattern with a photo because its just too hard to see otherwise. Mine is kept with a small female leopard wrasse and they seam to roam the tank together, which I find adorable.

OP
OP
DylanE

DylanE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the encouragement, everyone! I’m excited to have things starting off well, and I’m glad to hear from people who have had success with these guys.

Firemanreefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I ask where you ordered them from? Ive had 2 in the past 2 weeks not make it in QT. I want to try someplace different. Maybe I'll have more luck. My LFS doesn't have much of anything but clowns. I refuse to buy from petco. Besides, they have 6 lines and I won't put one of those in my tank because of the horror stories I've heard. Any other online sites I might try?

OP
OP
DylanE

DylanE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I ask where you ordered them from? Ive had 2 in the past 2 weeks not make it in QT. I want to try someplace different. Maybe I'll have more luck. My LFS doesn't have much of anything but clowns. I refuse to buy from petco. Besides, they have 6 lines and I won't put one of those in my tank because of the horror stories I've heard. Any other online sites I might try?

I ended up going through a random shop named reef life aquatic. It looks like their website isn’t working properly, but you might be able to give them a call. The owner called me after I placed the order and we set everything up. Great communication and service.

My Potter's was one of the few fish I have that came from my LFS. That said, I wouldn't hesitate to order one from LA/DD.

I missed the potters the few times they popped up in LA. They seem to go quick. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a DD leopard, would be cool, though.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 111 43.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 123 47.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 24 9.3%
Back