Powder blue and brown

TenWings5007130

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just bought a 320 gallon tank with a 75 gallon sump and I want a few tangs, I'm going to get a purple, yellow, blue hippo, maybe sailfin but I'd like to get both powders but I see people that say it's not possible but all the one's I'm going to get will be juveniles and I'm gonna try to add them at the same time, is it possible to have both or should I just pick one?

wlmalek

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have all of them together for more than a year In 200g. and they are doing fantastic.

Qt, same size, add together or after each other. This was my trick and it worked great. they will chase, nip and do their weird fighting dance at the beginning then they forget about each other.

Don’t let the older one get established. My powder brown will kill any new fish in his size.

Just note that is not 100% guaranteed This could work. But, you have a bigger tank you can try and separate them later.

Ryansi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have all of them together for more than a year In 200g. and they are doing fantastic.

Qt, same size, add together or after each other. This was my trick and it worked great. they will chase, nip and do their weird fighting dance at the beginning then they forget about each other.

Don’t let the older one get established. My powder brown will kill any new fish in his size.

Just note that is not 100% guaranteed This could work. But, you have a bigger tank you can try and separate them later.
Yes. Im not a big fish keeper but i havr a freind who is all raising them and they are fine.

Pickle_soup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make them your last additions and add them at the same time. Never had any issues with a Brown, but my Blue is an butt to new fish. Nice after.

UNKNOWNPERSON

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just bought a 320 gallon tank with a 75 gallon sump and I want a few tangs, I'm going to get a purple, yellow, blue hippo, maybe sailfin but I'd like to get both powders but I see people that say it's not possible but all the one's I'm going to get will be juveniles and I'm gonna try to add them at the same time, is it possible to have both or should I just pick one?
If it was me I would go with a powder blue

OP
OP
T

TenWings5007130

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thank you, that's I what I'll try to do, I'll add then together and I was gonna get the small so that works and they will be my last tangs I add

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 25 14.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 14.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 7.1%
Back