Powder blue laying down.

tcorrell02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got home from work about 2 hours ago and my powder blue was hanging out in a cave/swim through. He keeps laying on his side almost like he is dead, then he will jump up and swim around in the cave like normal, then lay down again. Everything looks good, just odd behavior. Is he probably on his way out?

Agape1love4ever

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know if this will help, but I have a blue hippo who is extremely strange. It always sleeps on its side at night time between two rocks. Completely horizontal . When I first brought it home and threw it in the quarantine tank, it always went down to the sand and laid on its side. I think this was it’s way of coping with the new environment but again he still does this every single night when he goes to sleep. Hope that helps. It could just be a odd tang like mine or it could be sick as you imagine. It’s hard to tell without pictures or anything. Just make sure to check its breathing and look on the skin for any kind of irritation or spots. If everything looks clean, then he might be OK and he’s just acting funny like fish do sometimes.

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got home from work about 2 hours ago and my powder blue was hanging out in a cave/swim through. He keeps laying on his side almost like he is dead, then he will jump up and swim around in the cave like normal, then lay down again. Everything looks good, just odd behavior. Is he probably on his way out?
It's perfectly normal behaviour when they are resting.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.5%
Back