Powder brown tang beating up wrasse. Help.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lowefx
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Lowefx

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 27, 2013
Messages
687
Reaction score
300
Location
Northern Virgina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for suggestions. Powder brown is still small. I also have a yellow goby and a Blonde naso tang in my 120. Should I isolate the brown for a day or two or will it continue to nip at the lepord wrasse. Looking for advise please.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I had a tang that started attacking leopards, and it never stopped, even when removed and reintroduced.

Attacking differntly shaped fish is not normal for most tangs, but when you get one that does, the aggression seldom gets better.

I suggest removing the troublemaker and try again with a different specimen.
 
I had a tang that started attacking leopards, and it never stopped, even when removed and reintroduced.

Attacking differntly shaped fish is not normal for most tangs, but when you get one that does, the aggression seldom gets better.

I suggest removing the troublemaker and try again with a different specimen.
Dang, I'd rather not get rid of it....I will see how things go in the next week, then make a decision.
 
Do you have a social acclimation box or tank divider you can use to keep them separated but visible to each other? That way you can keep both fish safe while waiting to see if they adjust.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new