Power head placement

  • Thread starter Thread starter diablo243
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

diablo243

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 11, 2016
Messages
198
Reaction score
121
Location
Ledyard, CT
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok adding wave maker to my 90 (2 power heads) where should I locate and point them? Offset overflow on back of tank, so both rear corners are accessible. Thanks all, fish next week!
 
I have always started with one in each of the back corners directed towards the center of the front glass. One side higher and one side lower in the corners. Mid top and slightly angled up on one side and Mid bottom slightly angled down on the other.
 
I went side to side at slightly different heights and angles down slightly. Makes a good wave and really got some stuff moving around. With only rock work and now the 2 clowns it's hard to tell what's going on lower in the tank. For now it's good flow with wave action, will play and adjust as corals get added
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new