Power outage and light level question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

dzones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just recently setup a cobalt c-vue 18 and purchased the Photon v2+ 16 for it.

First off does the programming stay if there is a power outage or do I have to set the programming all over?

Also:
I hung the light 13" above the water (there is only an additional 12" to the bottom of the tank so 24" from light to the sand bed). I set the parameters of the light based on BRS recommendations at this exact height which is only 35% on blues and 18% on whites at max. I see here people running much higher.

Are the BRS settings far too low for good coral growth then? Should I be cranking my lights up to the 70-90% I see people posting?
I have no corals yet so want to know this ahead of the game.

Thanks!!

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just recently setup a cobalt c-vue 18 and purchased the Photon v2+ 16 for it.

First off does the programming stay if there is a power outage or do I have to set the programming all over?

Also:
I hung the light 13" above the water (there is only an additional 12" to the bottom of the tank so 24" from light to the sand bed). I set the parameters of the light based on BRS recommendations at this exact height which is only 35% on blues and 18% on whites at max. I see here people running much higher.

Are the BRS settings far too low for good coral growth then? Should I be cranking my lights up to the 70-90% I see people posting?
I have no corals yet so want to know this ahead of the game.

Thanks!!

Hi, thank you for choosing ReefBreeders to power your tank!

Yes, settings hold through a power outage. If you have electrical storms, I recommend unplugging lights, routers, etc. as a precaution to avoid power surges.

We recommend anywhere from 6-18", so you are at a good hanging height. You can run higher %, but in good time! You need to work up to those numbers slowly to avoid harming corals. Too much light too quickly isn't a good thing.

The BRS settings are good for a mixed reef. You will want to ramp that up a little once your tank is stocked with some SPS. Soft corals, LPS, etc. will all do just fine at 35% power. The lower you run the lights, the less electricity they use, so that's a plus too.

OP
OP
dzones

dzones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, thank you for choosing ReefBreeders to power your tank!

Yes, settings hold through a power outage. If you have electrical storms, I recommend unplugging lights, routers, etc. as a precaution to avoid power surges.

We recommend anywhere from 6-18", so you are at a good hanging height. You can run higher %, but in good time! You need to work up to those numbers slowly to avoid harming corals. Too much light too quickly isn't a good thing.

The BRS settings are good for a mixed reef. You will want to ramp that up a little once your tank is stocked with some SPS. Soft corals, LPS, etc. will all do just fine at 35% power. The lower you run the lights, the less electricity they use, so that's a plus too.

Awesome thanks so much for that super fast reply! It was an easy choice to go ReefBreeders after reading so many fantastic reviews, the great customer service and that 2 year warranty!

You just proved to me that it was a very wise decision :)

Back