Power strip that turns on/off based on temperature

Rispa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any smart power strips that will torn on and off based on temperature? I actually would need this to work with a thermometer inside a humid environment but not submerged. I was thinking of it exists its available for aquariums or green houses.

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kind of, sort of... A temperature controller for a heater is essentially just a power strip with a thermometer. I don't know of one with say 6 outlets that are all controlled at different temps.

What do you have in mind?

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wiring is very easy.....google....there are youtube videos that show you exactly how to wire it up.

Here's an example:

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
seen this yesterday has temp and humidity https://www.amazon.com/Inkbird-Temp...ler+humidity&qid=1547567791&sr=8-3&ref=sr_1_3
71DFNdQyB7L._SL1500_.jpg

Saveafish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go ranco. Better built and long proven. Heavy duty for industrial use. Inkbiry more hobby grade. If you go inkbird. Watch the probs they are cheap. Look close at the difference in the probs. And if you get the inkbird. Put heat shrink on the probe where it meets the wiring. They leak and fail there. Not ment to have the whole probe submerged

OP
OP
Rispa

Rispa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm wanting to make an incubator or brooder. The good ones are all expensive. I suspect I could make one or several that are as good.

Saveafish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm wanting to make an incubator or brooder. The good ones are all expensive. I suspect I could make one or several that are as good.
If you google you can find controllers you have to put together. Dwyer make some too. It does take wiring them. Yes they cost. But its insurance.

Huff747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Depending on what you are incubating/brooding I use to use Helix Thermostats when incubating python eggs. I like a proportional thermostat for that more than an on/off type like Ranco. I used Ranco on some of the cages and it works fine but depending on what you're incubating a proportional thermostat may be better. You can check out some of the reptile forums as used Rancos and Helix thermostats are constantly being sold.

Last edited:

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not sure of your application but like the savefish mentioned Dwyer is a very trusted industrial brand along with Honeywell AutomationDirect.com is a source to start. But that grade of equiptment starts way over 100$
I use Allen Bradley at work, its Absolutely the best. I automated a green house for a LFS to house his KOI and pond plants in the winter and tropicials in the summer. He bought all the stuff in a kit at Costco or Sams Club Im sure there is a website .........Duuhhh..... WEED Growers store....YOU GROWING????? ;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 58 29.6%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 42 21.4%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 23 11.7%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 66 33.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back