Prazipro effects?

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With my fingers crossed, I might have the fish I've been searching high and low for coming in on Saturday. Not knowing if the fish has been thru QT before reaching me (I'm pretty sure it hasn't seen QT), I'd like to use prazipro just incase. Is there a draw back from treating a DT with it? I'm almost 100% positive that I'll be utilizing my QT, but thought I'd ask. I realize that prazipro will treat worms within the fish, but what are the effects on the DT? As of this moment, no feather dusters, coco worms, or Christmas tree worms, but plenty of bristle worms and a small population of FW. Loosing the bristle and (mostly) the FW wouldn't bother me a bit. Any other thoughts?

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a couple bird nests brown out for a week but other than that no problems. Like any other med it'll make your skimmer go nuts. Overall it's pretty safe.

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a couple bird nests brown out for a week but other than that no problems. Like any other med it'll make your skimmer go nuts. Overall it's pretty safe.

HAHA, I can't seem to keep bird nest anyway! Acros, monti, clams, nems aren't an issue. Bird nest, still trying.

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find mine do best on the sand and they don't like Alk swings. If you treat with prazi just do a water change and run some carbon after and you should be fine.

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find mine do best on the sand and they don't like Alk swings. If you treat with prazi just do a water change and run some carbon after and you should be fine.

Will try that (never thought they might have liked a bit lower, kinda always went middle to upper under 250MH). Thanks

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a botte today for my new regal angel. Will be adding this to his temp tank (QT), but thinking I might treat the DT as well for the FW. The lfs didn't have any wrasses (mainly yellow coris) to assist in keeping the FW at bay so that is why I'm considering this.

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have a recommended time of treatment? The bottle says 5-7 days should be good with 1 dose.

Country boy using tapatalk on a HTC Evo

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started using a n awesome frozen food that has prazipro in it. It is made by a company called Dr. G's. They make 3 different kinds of frozen foods with meds in them. So much better to treat the fish internally than dosing the whole tank. Do a google search for it.

Typed from my phone because I have nothing better to do.

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started using a n awesome frozen food that has prazipro in it. It is made by a company called Dr. G's. They make 3 different kinds of frozen foods with meds in them. So much better to treat the fish internally than dosing the whole tank. Do a google search for it.

Good deal. Much appreciated and Happy B-day too

Country boy using tapatalk on a HTC Evo

Last edited:

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem. And thanks

Back