Predator Tank - Fish Ideas??

RtomKinMad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think your planning a great tank all of you will enjoy especially Freddy. I think the Angel should be fine a 4”. My majestic is about that with all the other big guys and it is very bashful. If the lemon peel is fast I think it will be ok and you can keep your drag tank. We have frags in our sump and they love it. Have a good night and let us know what you decide to get. Sometimes I just get what my LFS owner has when I go in, for example he had this beautiful annularis angel and I just decided on a whim to bring it home. Was already I. Quarantine and eating and health so I put him in my reef. Gorgeous fish! Sometimes I’m surprised when I pick things I did t know I wanted!

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi folks,

I recently picked up a 6ft 135g aquarium, which will eventually be a predator tank. I am in the preliminary stages of researching fish (behavior, tank requirements etc.). From a looks perspective solely, there are some that I love. They may not be feasible for my system - I'll know more as I research them, but in the meantime, I'm wondering if anyone has any experience, good or bad, with any the following fish?

Harlequin tusk
niger trigger
miniatus grouper
porcupine puffer
snowflake eel
blue ribbon eel
goldflake angel
regal angel
sohal tang
red coris wrasse
garibaldi damsel
banana wrasse
hardwicke wrasse
bluehead wrasse

No, I would never put all of these fish in a tank this size - these are just ones I'm intrigued by. Ultimately, they will be housed with soft corals - mostly leathers, mushrooms and zoas... and I would like to put my magnificent foxface in this tank, so bonus points for any fish that would not be overly aggressive towards him. I love fish that are interactive, so if they have cool personalities, even better :)

Just looking for thoughts, ideas and first-hand knowledge sharing :)
Where is the lionfish? A predator tank needs a lion!

I have a 210 predator tank. I have a porcupine puffer (my favorite), fuzzy dwarf lion, painted angler, magnificent foxface (no one picks on him), tomini tang, bicolor angel, and a golden dwarf moray.

I could get a volitan lion or an emperor angel, but I'd rather see a 6" fish swim around a 72" tank than a 10-15" fish.

Back