OP
SkiCatTX

SkiCatTX

Sustainable Reefkeeping
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put the clowns in the tank with the BTA. Of course they completely ignored it, so I put the larger Naked Clown in the glass jar with some egg crate over it. Seemed kind of mean, but it seems to have worked. She ignored it for a while, but eventually she started touching and nipping at it until now she seems to be happily swimming in it.

I'll give them some time here with the nem in the QT tank and continue observing for a few days, then they're ready to move into the DT.

IMG_7633.jpeg

OP
OP
SkiCatTX

SkiCatTX

Sustainable Reefkeeping
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, with the other QT tank freed up it was time to get some more corals. I attended the MARSH Reed Currents swap this last weekend and got a few things.

Jason Fox was there as well, so I was able to chat him up a bit, and just before he packed up I scored a couple super discounted pieces. I'll get some pics here shortly and put them up.

IMG_7630.jpeg

I also got a few Rock Flower Anemones for the WB10 tank, a torch ($40!), hammer, and a few mini Fungias.

When I got them home I broke off the frag plugs and put the corals through the 3-step Bayer, Coral Rx, and Revive. And the nems just in the Revive (I only just learned that Revive is recommended for nems). Then put the LPS and SPS back on plugs and into the QT tank.

After a couple days they all see to be doing fine. They'll stay in the QT tank for a few weeks for observation.

OP
OP
SkiCatTX

SkiCatTX

Sustainable Reefkeeping
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Kessil A80 Blue that I have over the QT tanks died this morning. It just went out. I took it off and messed around with it a bit, but no luck.

I sent a message to Kessil, hopefully we'll get this fixed quickly as I don't have a backup light for the QT setup.

OP
OP
SkiCatTX

SkiCatTX

Sustainable Reefkeeping
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish and Anemone are now in the DT!

So far the Anemone is liking the spot I put him in:
IMG_7764.jpeg
IMG_7765.jpeg

I dug a hole down to the glass, stuck him in it, and then put a small piece of egg crate over the area for a few hours. He tried rolling around at first, but didn't get out of the caged area, so ultimately just grabbed on. Finger's crossed he stays there and doesn't end up in my big RFA on the other side of the tank...

OP
OP
SkiCatTX

SkiCatTX

Sustainable Reefkeeping
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Decided to go pick up a second AI Prime HD at the LFS, as I still haven't heard from Kessil on the RMA, and getting a new light would still be days after they finally get back to me...

QT FTS with Evening Blues:
IMG_7767.jpeg

OP
OP
SkiCatTX

SkiCatTX

Sustainable Reefkeeping
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Random coral QT shots:

JF Enchanted Forest Birds Nest (Little tissue damage on one branch I'm watching closely):
IMG_7735.jpeg

ARC Fireworks Acro (polyps haven't opened yet, hoping it's doing OK):
IMG_7741.jpeg

Torch (It's been looking super happy):
IMG_7712.jpeg

Fungia (Also seems happy so far):
IMG_7749 2.jpeg

4 Tiny RFAs (Need to clean their bowl already...):
IMG_7668.jpeg

OP
OP
SkiCatTX

SkiCatTX

Sustainable Reefkeeping
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Kessil A80 Blue that I have over the QT tanks died this morning. It just went out. I took it off and messed around with it a bit, but no luck.

I sent a message to Kessil, hopefully we'll get this fixed quickly as I don't have a backup light for the QT setup.
I got the RMA shipping label from Kessil and sent the old unit out today. They are going to replace the bad A80, and they are paying for shipping both ways. I'm very happy with their support so far!

OP
OP
SkiCatTX

SkiCatTX

Sustainable Reefkeeping
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dipped the corals in QT again in Coral Rx, changed about 90% of the water, and cleaned the tank. Everything looks great, except the hammer...which is withering. I don't think it's going to make it. Otherwise, I plan to move them into the DT in a week or so. I have to take a huge load of frags to the LFS first though to make room, the thing is so packed I can hardly see in...

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back