Pressure Switch placement on RODI system

FrenchAngel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!!
I just bought a booster pump along with a pressure switch for my RODI. Watching the 'how to' video from BRS on booster pump installation, they suggest putting the pressure switch after the DI resin stages. I am planning on installing a drinking water system, which of course will bypass the DI resins after it passes through the RO membrane. I am thinking that the ideal placement of the pressure switch for this setup would be after the RO membrane so that the switch will trigger properly regardless of whether the system is producing RO water for drinking or Deionized water for the reef. Would this work ok? Or is there a clear advantage or necessity to put the pressure switch after the DI resin stages (under this scenario I would worry about the booster pump turning on/off appropriately when running the system for drinking water)?

CC13

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!!
I just bought a booster pump along with a pressure switch for my RODI. Watching the 'how to' video from BRS on booster pump installation, they suggest putting the pressure switch after the DI resin stages. I am planning on installing a drinking water system, which of course will bypass the DI resins after it passes through the RO membrane. I am thinking that the ideal placement of the pressure switch for this setup would be after the RO membrane so that the switch will trigger properly regardless of whether the system is producing RO water for drinking or Deionized water for the reef. Would this work ok? Or is there a clear advantage or necessity to put the pressure switch after the DI resin stages (under this scenario I would worry about the booster pump turning on/off appropriately when running the system for drinking water)?

Refer here:
https://spectrapure.com/manuals/BOOSTER-PUMPS.pdf

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 36 19.3%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 139 74.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.8%
Back