Prime 16HD 30 gallon

Woodchip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do I just got a prime 16HD for my 30 gallon tank and I’m wondering if any of you have this what setting you keep it on? I am not going for massive coral growth I j am most likely going to keep Green star polyps, frogspawn and a hammer. Maybe a leather, or anemone. I am totally up to suggestions on types of coral as well. Preferably no super expensive ones though. Thank youyour help.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ideally, a second fixture should be added down the road, but its not a problem unless you keep the coral within 24 or so inches of the center of the light.

Assuming you are using the 12 inch mounting arm I would put channels UV, Violet, and Royal Blue at their maximum. Blue can also be ran at max but some like the pop of the first 3. I would run little to no red (nothing about 10%). As for green and white, you can pick whatever color is please to you. You can also adjust if you want white and such on for only part of the day. This should give you the most power out of the light. If the light is under 12 inches above the water, then I would cut down on the intensity.

There are also plenty of presets on their website.

OP
OP
Woodchip

Woodchip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ideally, a second fixture should be added down the road, but its not a problem unless you keep the coral within 24 or so inches of the center of the light.

Assuming you are using the 12 inch mounting arm I would put channels UV, Violet, and Royal Blue at their maximum. Blue can also be ran at max but some like the pop of the first 3. I would run little to no red (nothing about 10%). As for green and white, you can pick whatever color is please to you. You can also adjust if you want white and such on for only part of the day. This should give you the most power out of the light. If the light is under 12 inches above the water, then I would cut down on the intensity.

There are also plenty of presets on their website.
Do the coals I listed need that much light because that is very intense

Big_Mclargehuge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the nanokaren signature setting on the ai prime website. You can download it and use it as your setting. I tweaked it a little but i love it.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do the coals I listed need that much light because that is very intense
The settings I usually recommend are assumed the most you can get out of a light given a tank that has the sandbed 24 inches or greater from the light. You can cut down the first three channels, but they should always be relatively strong as they are the main growing colors. You can also have the intensity peak for only a few hours and then have it drop off, sorta like the sun at noon.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
go to 20:46

This will show you that the first 4 channels at max with some white is perfect for lps. All 4 of those channels at max is not as intense of a par output as you might think

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back