Problem with Crabs?

Joshua Huff

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure if i have a problem yet or not but I was watching my emerald crab really go to town on my birds nest last night. I watched him pinch at the coral a lot then move one, and later he came back! I used a plastic arm to push him away the second time. I am sure he came back later in the night or sometime today. The coral looks fine this afternoon but i need to know if this guy is going to cause damage. I got him because i want him to eat or cut at the algae that is living on some of my rock. please check out the video and photos and let me know your experience with the emerald crab.

Sorry for the bad video, my phone does not like the lighting. I need to study up on my aquarium filming.

20170824_210217[1].jpg

tdileo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's done, time to go in the sump or find a new home. You will not get him to stop and this commonly happens once they get big enough. My female is an angel as of now but when I first got her she was ripping up some polyps. 3 months in the sump fixed her but I am waiting for the day she turns again and will have to go

OP
OP
Joshua Huff

Joshua Huff

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's done, time to go in the sump or find a new home. You will not get him to stop and this commonly happens once they get big enough. My female is an angel as of now but when I first got her she was ripping up some polyps. 3 months in the sump fixed her but I am waiting for the day she turns again and will have to go

Well I dont have an actual sump, this is my 32gal Biocube. I do have a 10 gal tank i guess i could put him in for a while and see if his attitude changes. lol

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back