Problem with new Jebao DCP-2500 return pump

Ravenous117

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

I am pretty new to the hobby so bare with me. I currently have a JBJ AIO 45 gallon and I wanted to upgrade my stock water pumps to a Jabeo DCP-2500. One problem however, the returns on the tank are for a 1/2 inch and the pump doesn't have an adapter for a 1/2 inch hose.

Does anyone know where I can find a adapter for this pump or another way to plumb the tank to make it work?

Thanks!

Dimmy007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

I am pretty new to the hobby so bare with me. I currently have a JBJ AIO 45 gallon and I wanted to upgrade my stock water pumps to a Jabeo DCP-2500. One problem however, the returns on the tank are for a 1/2 inch and the pump doesn't have an adapter for a 1/2 inch hose.

Does anyone know where I can find a adapter for this pump or another way to plumb the tank to make it work?

Thanks!
It should have came with a 3/4" off the pump. Go to any hardware store and get a 3/4'' to 1/2" reducer. You may have to get a small piece of 3/4'' hose then get a 3/4'' to 1/2" barbed reducer and run 1/2'' tubing to return. Unless you plan to hard plumb. Either way they make reducers for pretty much and size pipe or hose.

OP
OP
Ravenous117

Ravenous117

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, this place is a goldmine for information. I think I found what you are talking about online.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 76 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back