Problems with Cade gravity fed ATO?

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump... maybe some people today will have experience with this type ATO!

RC Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont know about the Cade's, but the RedSea gravity fed ATO with a float is prone to plugging up over time with salt, etc. Blowing it out / cleaning helps, but always happens again, at least for me and on mine. I finally moved to a normal ATO unit.

OP
OP
RagnarReef

RagnarReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine came installed backwards as well. Algae barn also helped me figure it out and get it flipped over. Has been working great since then though. @RagnarReef What issues are you seeing?
Well I'm still waiting for the tank to get delivered... was just curious how reliable these are compared to an ATO system like the osmolator.

rusty hannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I'm still waiting for the tank to get delivered... was just curious how reliable these are compared to an ATO system like the osmolator.
Mine took forever to b delivered but a happy wait its been. We have an osmalater on my wife tank and the cade gravity fed and its been very reliable since I flip over the float. I am curious how long before I have to disasimble and clean. I can say there is no pump or ele. Equipment, so a little care n we should never really have big costs to maintain.

rusty hannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've disconnected my wife's osmalator due to it dumping twice and really messing up her salinity. Probably shouldn't say this yet but my plan is to get a few parts from cade and making her an ato with over sump water container. That's how pleased I've been w our cade. Until then I test 3 times a day and add water as needed . I'm tired of all the new easy tech. Messing w my #. Old school as far as I'm concerned.I will add we found a sensor from AutoAqua called smart level security. I think if you're tank has the ability to overflow , unlike cade, I'd check it out. It alerts and shuts down main pump. Its saved my wife's tank.

OP
OP
RagnarReef

RagnarReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So tank is in place and I hooked up the plumbing... when im looking at the ato float valve it does seem like its not right . Like moving the float down to simulate decreasing water level closes the valve. I couldn't figure out how to flip it around so that it opens when moving float down haha. Help please! Or should I just call algae barn?

Vyper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
take It out. Turn it 180 degrees. Loosen the float nut and spin it the other way
Hopefully that made sense. I have installed two now and both times I just blew in it to simulate water flow and raised the valve to make sure it cuts the air off. Very easy to get turned around for sure.

archgetty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious if anyone with a Cade PR has ever had any issues with their gravity fed ATO design?
Once I flipped it over, it works fine. My problem is that I can't see the ATO water level through the little windows. Glass isn't clear. Maybe I need more light? Although even with a flashlight I can't see the level.

rusty hannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once I flipped it over, it works fine. My problem is that I can't see the ATO water level through the little windows. Glass isn't clear. Maybe I need more light? Although even with a flashlight I can't see the level.
The window is to show you're on the empty side. As long as you keep resavoir full you won't b able to see it

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 38.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 65 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back