Problems with Kessil A360x

WadeWithTheBraid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everybody. So I have 2 Kessil a360x tuna blue and have been running them for about a year and a half. About 10 months in one of the lights started flickering, the fan went crazy and it basically started cutting out. I contacted Kessil and I was under warranty so I got a replacement. Well now the other original light is having problems. The last 2 days it hasn’t turned on in the morning. I was able to get it going yesterday but today I couldn’t. I took it off, sprayed it with duster and plugged it in. Now it turns on but the fan is on full blast and the white channel won’t go past 10%. So I’m assuming it’s probably broke too. If I’m past warranty I’ll be super bummed neither of these $450 light made it even 2 years.

My question is has anybody else had similar issues or am I just the 1 in a million who got dud lights?
Let me know what everyone’s experience has been with these lights.

mindme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you blowing off the top of them?

I've had mine for about 18 months and about 2 weeks ago for some reason one of the lights wanted to stay at full color instead of dropping down.

When I went up to the light, it was pretty hot. I had been blowing them with canned air out from the side for the past year, and thought they were good. I got up on my step ladder to try unplugging and plugging in the 3.5 controller wires and noticed that the entire top vent was basically covered with dust. I took care of all that dust, let it cool off for about 10 minutes, plugged it back in and everything is working fine since. Cool to the touch again.

Did it all 3 and will make sure I take care of the top dust from now on.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The connection to my controller has been an issue before.

Hairyteeth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe you are supposed to fully clean them at least once a year to get longevity out of them. The insides get super dusty, and need a full tear down…not saying this is the issue here, but if it’s hot or making weird fan noises good place to start

OP
OP
WadeWithTheBraid

WadeWithTheBraid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you blowing off the top of them?

I've had mine for about 18 months and about 2 weeks ago for some reason one of the lights wanted to stay at full color instead of dropping down.

When I went up to the light, it was pretty hot. I had been blowing them with canned air out from the side for the past year, and thought they were good. I got up on my step ladder to try unplugging and plugging in the 3.5 controller wires and noticed that the entire top vent was basically covered with dust. I took care of all that dust, let it cool off for about 10 minutes, plugged it back in and everything is working fine since. Cool to the touch again.

Did it all 3 and will make sure I take care of the top dust from now on.
When my first one broke, that was one of the things they told me. Use some electronic duster and spray it off. So I’ve been doing that. I gave this one a good deep cleaning and still having the issues.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 45.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.3%
Back