Problems with Seneye Connect App

Mrj7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Seneye reef monitor and par meter I’ve been using plugged directly into my pc for the past year. Suddenly the Seneye connect app on my computer will not launch. When I double click to open the program the blue mini Seneye title screenpops up and then goes away and nothing else happens. Program will not open so I can’t use my Seneye. I’ve reinstalled several times, reverted to previous version of windows, did a system file scan, ran in compatibility mode, ran as administrator, all the easy stuff. None of that worked. I contacted Seneye tech support and they want to use TeamViewer to access my computer remotely and “Monitor the environment” the program is running in, I don’t like that. Can anyone help me get this program working again?

Bounce House Corals

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased one and received it today and installed it- installed the web app on my windows surface and the app loads but my surface doesn’t recognize the usb and says it’s malfunctioned, so I install the app on the my Alienware laptop and the usb is recognized on that laptop now but I have the same problem as you right now! App will not load outside of a quick flash of the logo and then nothing. I can see it running in the processes turned off every firewall and ransoms ware protection but nothing. I even ran their diagnostics test tool which showed 15 of 30 failed pings to their web server. I am disappointed with their software after spending 200$ on their unit and it seems like they are hit and miss based on the support how too.

soorry for the long rant OP- I have an email
Into them regarding their app failing load as well as the usb issue so if I get response first I’ll update this thread.

jrill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine does that. You know in the lower right corner of windows where the little arrow is with he hidden icons that are running? When I open the hidden icons and double click on the seneye icon the program starts.

OP
OP
M

Mrj7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine does that. You know in the lower right corner of windows where the little arrow is with he hidden icons that are running? When I open the hidden icons and double click on the seneye icon the program starts.
Yea the icon in the toolbar doesn’t come up because the program isn’t launching.

Bounce House Corals

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I got it to finally work this afternoon, I uninstalled Microsoft c++ 2012 and the seneye app- then reinstalled the app which also reinstalled c++ - then I went into start up options ( the programs that start when you turn on your pc) and disabled the 3rd party apps like steam and riot so those wouldn’t start when I booted the pc up and it finally worked. Not sure if this will help you or not but what a nightmare!

Bounce House Corals

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I got it to finally work this afternoon, I uninstalled Microsoft c++ 2012 and the seneye app- then reinstalled the app which also reinstalled c++ - then I went into start up options ( the programs that start when you turn on your pc) and disabled the 3rd party apps like steam and riot so those wouldn’t start when I booted the pc up and it finally worked. Not sure if this will help you or not but what a nightmare!
Forgot to mentioned i also turned off all firewalls during the reinstall (Which I do not like)

OP
OP
M

Mrj7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What was the file location for the Microsoft C++ you deleted?

OP
OP
M

Mrj7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much it is working now. I uninstalled the connect app and the x86 and x64 version of Microsoft visual 2012, reinstalled, and restarted my computer and that fixed it!

Mortgaged Reefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having the same issue. I used it just fine a couple of weeks ago, and now the program will not open. I uninstalled and reinstalled, and restarted my computer, and still will not open. I am not sure what c++ is or how you got it fixed. Can you dumb it down for me?

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@brandon429 is well versed in seneye, maybe he can help?
I may be mistaking, but I don't think @brandon429 owns a Seneye. Not sure he would be the correct person for this particular issue.
I am having the same issue. I used it just fine a couple of weeks ago, and now the program will not open. I uninstalled and reinstalled, and restarted my computer, and still will not open. I am not sure what c++ is or how you got it fixed. Can you dumb it down for me?
Is your anti-virus possibly blocking it from running? List it as an allowed program and see if that fixes it.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
agreed, do not own one. the reason I fanboy for them is because seneye/hanna/the digital meters are showing new rules about cycling and the collective posts of the several hundred seneyes online and logs posted show crucial trends that still apply to folks who don't own the meter. if someone has a reef tank with heated water, a stack of rocks and good flow, that tank is following the same rules for ammonia control that any other seneye user is seeing pretty much. seneye is uncovering the staggering evenness of cycle timing and ability in reefing; pre-digital measures, we were all thinking cycles behaved VERY independently across tanks. not so

I use the core patterning of seneye posts and logs to assure non seneye owners their cycles are not stuck at all because they're using the same ratios in the tank that always amount to good ammonia control.

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may be mistaking, but I don't think @brandon429 owns a Seneye. Not sure he would be the correct person for this particular issue.
agreed, do not own one. the reason I fanboy for them is because seneye/hanna/the digital meters are showing new rules about cycling and the collective posts of the several hundred seneyes online and logs posted show crucial trends that still apply to folks who don't own the meter.
I just assumed he knew the ins and outs of the equipment since he holds it in high regard and thought that he had experience in setting them up and diagnosing.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back