Profilux 4 loosing WiFi connectivity

SFREEF3R

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious, is the static IP set in the Profilux or your router?

I don't have a mesh, but set the static IPs in my router. The Profilux obtains the IP from the router. Haven't had any connection issues with it this way.
Static IP set in my router. I did this because it would randomly change sometimes and then I'd have to update my local connection settings...although it doesn't help much since most of the time I can't connect using the local connection :-/

Also strangely I can't ever access by typing the IP address into the web browser which I think is supposed to work as well.

I did check my wifi settings btw, i'm version 7084 of the firmware

KaryTse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Lasse Do you have a special recommendation for mesh network users? I have a mesh network. I’m not sure if that is part of my issue.

I use a Profilux 4 and like the OP I lose my wifi connection periodically and need to power cycle the device to get the connection back.

Strangely I almost always cannot access on my local network. It works right after I reboot most of the time, but regularly stops working. So I use the web connection most of the time because it it a pain to wait for the local connection attempt to time out - faster to just always use the web connection even though it is painfully slow.

With regularity the web connection also stops working and then I reboot.

Unfortunately this time I’m out of town and I can’t connect. I had someone power cycle several times and still no connection. I can remote login to my router and see that it isn’t connected. Strangely, the Profilux local network shows up but they were unable to login to it (fails every time after entering the password).

I can’t check the wifi version as I’m not there but will need to connect by USB I assume to debug.

I hope my wifi chip hasn’t gone bad. This seems different than previous issues as it won’t connect at all.
I have similar problem of losing connection to P4 few weeks ago. It was resolved by a new router. Once I changed the router, the connection became stable (the router is about 2 meters away from the P4 with nothing in between), and my wife stopped complaining about losing connection during conference call at home.
As for not able to access P4 by typing IP address on browser, you'd better open a support ticket and they will let you know what you should do. In my case, that was due to a File System problem, which was resolved within 10 minutes.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did check my wifi settings btw, i'm version 7084 of the firmware
Ops - most of the problems I had was solved with FW 7134 . You need to upgrade the FW. Because you can´t access locally by typing ip address you need to do the update with help of a PC, USB and the WiFi updating tool. You will find the latest version here but I strongly recommend you (as @KaryTse did) that you open a support ticket (here) when you coming home. Use guest log in. The update is rather huge (more than 3 years since last) that you may need to configure the WiFi settings again after the update

1702462771345.png

I also strongly suggest that you save your settings and sensor data before the update

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:

SFREEF3R

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @Lasse - I’ll try this when I get home
@Lasse somehow miraculously I was able to connect via the IP address in my browser, something I even now unable to reproduce. I successfully updated my wifi to 7202. I did not update the file system - should I do that?

My system firmer is version 7.24 - would you recommend updating this as well? It looks like this must be done by USB is that correct?

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try first to update the web interface too. Latest Wifi update package is here

1703363028350.png

If this not work - update the file system. But if you do that - there is a possibility that you will lose your network connection and have to reinstall it. If you lose it - you need to use USB and GCC.

Latest Fw for P4 is 7.36 and you find it in GCC 1.1.4.7 and you can download this here. Yes you need an USB and a PC or PC simulator on MAC. Before you upgrade FW - save all data here (GCC)

1703365802835.png

Webinterface and MyGHL

1703365920714.png

And you do the update here

1703365997022.png

Sincerely Lasse

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back