PropellerBreeze II - 6

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

mxnutz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi GHL crew,

I wanted to post this up to see if anyone else is having this issue. The build quality is awesome and I love the look and how the legs fit in between my screen netting to hold the fan up. Unfortunately, I feel that the air flow of the fan has been positioned wrong and is to me very unsightly (wires showing) as it sit on top of my tank. I have been working with Vinny through email and he has let me know that it is this way because of the fan design and wiring layout. Are there any solutions to this issue? Can I take a part the fan and position the fan the other way? Please advise.

Airflow coming of the fan. As you can see the wires.

Other side of the fan which I thing the airflow should be coming out.

Even the tank mount suggest the airflow should be coming out the side without the wires. Instead it is blowing air at the wall. I'll have to unscrew the tank mount and flip it around to make it work.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you show a picture of how the fan assembly is powered? Couldn't find it on their website. The picture isn't clear.

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've just checked mine, as I hadn't considered it before I think you may be onto something, are the propellers spinning backwards? I always thought they weren't very powerful, and now looking at the propellers and air flow and something isn't right, looking at other fans I have around the house, they are defiantly spinning the wrong way...

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, just read through this a few more times. Yes, these fans are designed to exhaust on the side of the exposed wiring. The fans should always exhaust on the concave side of the blade. I know it isn't what you wanted to hear, but that is a fairly standard design. There are some specialty fans that exhaust on the side opposite the wires but they are much less common.

OP
OP
mxnutz

mxnutz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok, I just flipped the fan around and everything mounts perfectly. Got the fan plugged into the apex and everything is running fine. I'll get used to the minor cosmetic issue. LOL

ShinyRobot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm considering getting one to mount in my sump, is there any way to make it point down to the water?

porter_painter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm considering getting one to mount in my sump, is there any way to make it point down to the water?

Yes, you can adjust the feet so that the fans point towards the water, but the feet do not clamp onto the tank so you can't have a really accute angle .

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 43 57.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 21 28.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.0%
Back