Protein Skimmer Recommendations

Juggernoht

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for some advice on what protein skimmer I should use on a 60g tank. This is the sump size that I comes with the Waterbox 60.2 so that will be the area I have to work with. I appreciate any advice.
marine-60-2.gif

OP
OP
Juggernoht

Juggernoht

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all of your input, certainly got me heading in a good direction.

OP
OP
Juggernoht

Juggernoht

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a RO Regal 150 SS - space saver on my 90 cube. Comes with a Varios 2 pump that is Apex controllable. Works great!
Thanks for you advice, i went and checked out your cube, looks great! I really like the stand you made for it a lot.

Montiman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used both the reef octopus and tunze and they are both great. I will say that I would never ever buy a space saving skimmer unless I had to. External pumps are much easier to remove for cleaning and the reaction chamber volume in the skimmer is larger with external pumps giving better performance. I would go 150 INT if choosing reef octopus.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am partial to Reef octopus skimmers. 11 tanks and all of them have some form of a reef octopus, excluding one with no skimmer. Easy to clean, usually set it and forget it.

For your setup, I would suggest a 110int classic or a 150int classic. It all depends on how much bioload you plan to have,

Deltec and Tunze are also very good skimmers (owned both). I just went back to reef octopus after a few moves and tank changes,

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 34.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back