PSU's Peninsula!

PSU4ME

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK Folks, after a whole bunch of back and forth, researching this and second guessing myself on that, I've come to what I think will be system I'll be running....... Actually it will be because the stuff is ordered!

• Tank/Stand/Sump - Waterbox 6026 - 60"x 26" x 24" Peninsula ~ 180g all in ( 140g display ish). Ordered it on the 12/27/2019 through LFS and I'm told it's been radio silence since, said it was in stock. I hope @Waterbox Aquariums doesn't make me regret not going with the Red Sea model!
  • Lighting - DX18 4 bulb T5 fixture - adding 3x Gen 4 Radion Pros to it to make a combo light
  • Skimmer - Bubble King Mini 200......should be an absolute monster and quiet with the RD3 pump!
  • Controller - full Apex with additional EB832 strip
  • ATO - Tunze Osmolator
  • Return Pump - Vectra M2 - I bought 2 so i have a backup on hand!
  • UV - EA 50w
  • Sand - Mix of fiji pink and special grade
  • Rock - Using Dry rock that I've kept over the year due to the cool structures - will add a bit more (125# ish)
  • Powerheads - 2x Tunze 6015 0 starting there and i'll look at the MP40 addition later.
Plus all the other jazz you need.......Got all that too but not worth listing!

Open to everyone's feedback and/or questions!!

Zach W

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet equipment list! Out of curiosity did you get the white or black tank? It seems the black is always in stock but the white take 6-8 weeks per their site. Also curious if you are going to be using 3 XR15s or XR30s? Thanks!

OP
OP
PSU4ME

PSU4ME

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!
I’m going with the white stand and the xr30s but I got some discouraging news from @Waterbox Aquariums that they were not shipping my tank and stand because my stand is the last until new stock comes in..... so now I have to suffer for their production problems!

OP
OP
PSU4ME

PSU4ME

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Supposed to hear on Monday but if @Waterbox Aquariums says my tank/stand isn’t shipping that week I’ll go with their competitor Red Sea, the 650 will do the job.

Was really between the two but decided to try WB But I’m not digging the customer experience at the moment.

Zach W

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m surprised your LFS didn’t tell you about the wait time. It clearly states this on their website

Zach W

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their website said 3-5 days and the lfs called to confirm they had 1 available in the warehouse. That was all there the day we ordered.
Wow yeah i can understand the frustration then, Ive been looking the last several weeks at their 180.5 and the 6025 and it always says for me that the black is in stock but the white usually ships in 6-8 weeks

OP
OP
PSU4ME

PSU4ME

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I was seeing that too but when they said it was available, I even emailed them to ask and make sure it wasn’t a second hand one or some damage return and I was told “oh no, we wouldn’t do that”.... so I placed the order. We will see, I don’t mind another week but please not 6-8 weeks! They’ve been saying 6-8 weeks for the past 2 weeks now so I have to assume they’ve gotten production moving..... I hope, I’ve got a basement full of equipment, sand and rocks but no tank!

count krunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello PSU I believe you were on reefsanctuary for a while? If so this is yungreefer2410 from that website haha.

This new tank should be awesome! Overall Waterbox seems to be a pretty great brand for the $$.

OP
OP
PSU4ME

PSU4ME

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! Good to see you! Yeah same PSU and I’m still on RS, come visit when you get a chance! I’m hoping that waterbox delivers because my expectations are high so more to come!

Ordere my Pisces kid from clearview kids today.... 80 day lead time so I might as well get the clock started!

Kjgaeta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the dimentions on the tank? I bought one and still waiting on delivery. Also wanting to order from Clearview Lids.

OP
OP
PSU4ME

PSU4ME

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dimensions are 60" long by 26" wide by 24" tall. I wanted the 6' but it was just a little too tight between the poles for my linking......tangs will like the extra foot of swimming space and lanes on both side!

Back