Psychedelic Mandarin “Rescue”! (will post tons of updates on this post!**)

OP
OP
lucyretz

lucyretz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening everyone.

With a heavy heart, I must announce that Ollie passed away suddenly this morning.

Inevitably, ollie was having issues putting weight on. He was in my display with tons of food, no stress but for some reason just couldn’t put weight on. So I made the decision to put him in my Refugium that’s crawling in pods and brine shrimp in hopes he would steadily get fat. 2 weeks in my fuge and no major difference. I planned to put him in QT tonight and deworm him incase that was the issue, but unfortunately fate took Ollie before I had the chance.

I am heartbroken, but I know I did all I could. He passed away peacefully in a home with lots of love. He had support from everyone on here including @AlgaeBarn who generously sponsored him by sending him his food.

Thought heartbreaking, This is not the end for me and my rescues. Ollie will forever have a place in my heart [emoji173]️

I’m sorry I have to bring such sad news on Christmas Eve. I know Ollie is in heaven at peace. [emoji173]️ merry Christmas everyone, and swim in peace ollie [emoji173]️

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the loss of Ollie. :(You did all you could, sometimes they are just too far gone for even the best care to be able to mend. It's good to see that while you're upset this hasn't discouraged you from trying to help other fish in the future.

Lui1521

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been silently following this thread because I’m planning on purchasing my first mandarin pretty soon. Your posts are very informative and inspiring. I’m sorry for you loss. :(

Gaines69

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am so sorry for your loss. You tried your best. Like you said he lived out his last days being loved and well taken care of. Glad to hear that you won’t give up on helping other fish that need to be rescued. Have a blessed Christmas.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You gave him a wonderful tank and much love. What more could he have wanted? Your heart is in the right place. Thank you for giving Ollie a home and sharing him with us.

sanchoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't want to be the debbie downer or downward Donald, but by purchasing this animal from that pet shop you are just supporting their neglecting nature.

You save one, they replace the one you bought with another mistreated pet. It's hard, but stay clear from supporting these neglected chain stores. Some times it's best to not buy and allow the animal to die that way they quit ordering hard to keep animals. If you support it, they will continue ordering.

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good evening everyone.

With a heavy heart, I must announce that Ollie passed away suddenly this morning.

Inevitably, ollie was having issues putting weight on. He was in my display with tons of food, no stress but for some reason just couldn’t put weight on. So I made the decision to put him in my Refugium that’s crawling in pods and brine shrimp in hopes he would steadily get fat. 2 weeks in my fuge and no major difference. I planned to put him in QT tonight and deworm him incase that was the issue, but unfortunately fate took Ollie before I had the chance.

I am heartbroken, but I know I did all I could. He passed away peacefully in a home with lots of love. He had support from everyone on here including @AlgaeBarn who generously sponsored him by sending him his food.

Thought heartbreaking, This is not the end for me and my rescues. Ollie will forever have a place in my heart [emoji173]️

I’m sorry I have to bring such sad news on Christmas Eve. I know Ollie is in heaven at peace. [emoji173]️ merry Christmas everyone, and swim in peace ollie [emoji173]️

Oh no! We are very sorry to hear this, you did a great job trying to save him and we admire your efforts and compassion :(

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 84 79.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.7%
Back