Pterois radiata care

Picasso the Triggerfish

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 30, 2020
Messages
149
Reaction score
45
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im planning to get a 265L (~70 G) tank and have a Radiata lionfish, which is the care of it?, what I feed (if is live food or it also accepts ded food) it and how often? which is the best tankmates for one of these guys?
I also heared lions can't handle meds, what I do if my lion gets sick?
 
You’ll have to feed live at first, and may have to for its entire life. I was able to wean mine on to frozen but it was difficult and took a lot of patience. Even once they’re eating frozen live food should be fed regularly. I fed mine every other day. They’re probably one of the most sensitive lionfish out there, I had one for over a year and lost it due to a minor wound that most healthy fish would have recovered from easily. Because of this I would seriously recommend keeping it alone, theyre very fragile and all it takes is a little stress or minor injury to kill them. Something as simple as another fish nipping it’s fins can lead to a disaster.

If you want to keep it with other fish, I think an antennata or another lion would be a better choice, the antennata looks similar and is a similar size but is much hardier than the radiata. As far as treating lions goes, they’re generally pretty resistant to stuff like ich, but not immune, so I’d just quarantine anything wet that’s going in to the tank to minimize the risk of introducing a disease, since treating lions can be such a slippery slope.
 
Ok, I will think about the predatory fish that will go in the fish tank, I didn't known that radiatas were so sensitive, any recomended lion out there that isn't the voilants?, my country bans voilants because they are invasive
 
If you want something similar in size to the radiata you could do an antennata, if you want something smaller a fuzzy could work. Depends on what other fish you plan on keeping.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new