Pulled the trigger on a CADLight 125 Artisan II

djray77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well after tons of reading forums and researching I went with the Cadlight 125, even after reading all the negative feedback about customer service. I spoke with them on the phone yesterday evening and they seem really nice and knowledgeable. I will be updating this thread as I go. They told me it will be shipping out Wednesday and will take about 1 week to arrive on my driveway. I really hope this all goes smoothly and I can give some good feedback.

OP
OP
djray77

djray77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone has some ideas of what to run as in pump, powerheads, skimmer, lights etc. Please let me know I would appreciate it.

deedubz

nuttier than a squirrel turd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you going for? Mixed reef? Anemones?
Congrats on the new tank!

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe you'll be happy with your tank. You just have to stay on top of CL. I have their 70G Artisan II and I really like the build quality and design.. Be sure to post a build thread so we can watch:D

OP
OP
djray77

djray77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you!! I am looking for a variety of fish and corals so mixed reef tank is what I want to do. I hope I am happy with the tank and not wishing I went with Red Sea instead.

Whipples

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! What size is your stand? I would make sure the sump would fit, plus any extra equipment like ATO containers, dosing containers, reactors, etc. You may be able to build a sump for much less that can do more if you are willing to get some silicone, glass cuts, and spend some time. I have a trigger sump and it is great but slightly limiting.

As far as equipment, do you know what kind of tank you want to have? Fish only? LPS, SPS, or mixed? Regardless of what corals you want, a heater controller and a titanium heater is a rock-solid combo and great insurance for heater failures! I use two finnex 300w in my 100g and they can keep the tank at 78 when the room is 68-70.

OP
OP
djray77

djray77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I can find are these dimensions, pretty sure that's the tank tho. I was going to order the trigger ruby 36s or elite. Would this work for 125g? I will be doing a mixed reef tank.
  • Dimensions: (59.5" x 23.5" x 20")

Whipples

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should be fine then! Shop around though as Synergy and Life Reef all make sumps that are excellent, just like Trigger.

Whipples

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the Trigger Sapphire 34 because of limited under-tank space, needed to fit a 15g ATO, Doser, and containers all within the cabinet as a condition of getting the bigger tank :). Works well, but there are other options to consider that you may like more. I know all of them are coming out with Triton style sumps should you consider going that route.

Whipples

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should, if you can budget for a Life Reef skimmer they are considered "the last skimmer you will ever buy". I've got my eye on one of their 30" skimmers for my current build, but that Reef Octopus will work and is also well regarded by reefers!

The Elite sump refugium is actually smaller than their 34 sump series, assuming a 9" water depth the Elite sump gives you a 4.5g refugium versus 5.8g on the 34 sump. Check the Trigger Triton sumps on BRS, they offer the biggest refugiums.

Whipples

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly think it would. If you can get a bigger sump, though, definitely go for it! Just remember to factor in any other equipment you want to put under the cabinet and make sure it can all fit :). refugium may be a bit small for full triton, which they want you to use at least 10% of display volume in the sump as a refugium but that does not mean it can't work at all without some adjustments or tweaks.

OP
OP
djray77

djray77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the ruby 36E is the one I want to get. After watching some YouTube videos on it seems like a really good sump that will last along time. I just want to make sure I won’t have to upgrade down the road.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 34.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back