Pulled The Trigger - Peninsula 650 Build

DS204

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there. I bought a 525xl and it had a scratch on the inside glass. Someone else on this forum posted a thread about removing a scratch with diamond paste, and it seemed convincing. I used the paste to take the edge down and when I filled it with water the scratch is 99% invisible. I couldn't even believe it. Not even kidding. I took pictures of the scratch before, and it was 2 inches long and deep enough I could catch my fingernail on it. When I look at the tank now, I can barely find the scratch even though I know where it is.

The water is definitely helping though, because the scratch was more visible when the tank was empty. Not sure if that process interests you but it could help take the visibility of that scratch out. Have to be super, super, SUPER DUPER careful working with that paste though.

OP
OP
Adalius

Adalius

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welp, I guess I've been pretty lax at posting while it goes through its ugly stages and whatnot :D

I've been stocking very very slowly, and with corals its been small plugs not large colony purchases, so they don't take up a ton of tank room yet, but the present list is:
(2) Ocellaris clowns
(1) Diamond Watchman Goby
(1) Lawnmower Blenny
(3) Pajama Cardinals
(1) Blue Green Chromis (started with a school, but they slowly offed each other, 1 a night for 5 nights straight)
(1) Blue Tang
(1) Yellow Tang
(1) Lubbock's Fairy Wrasse
(1) Tuxedo Urchin
(1-3) Peppermint Shrimp (ordered 1, 3 arrived, have never seen more than 1 at a time, and haven't seen any in a month or two)
(1) Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp that has gotten huge.
(1) Pom Pom Crab (seen very rarely)
(2) Porcelain Crabs (see 1 at most normally)
Numerous snails, blue leg hermits,very small number of scarlet leg hermits.
One staghorn skeleton with 2 fairly decent sized mushrooms on it.
A small colony of cool mushrooms with these almost blue/green flecks.
One colony of pulsing heteroxenia that have now become about 8 nice size trees.
One colony of Red Sea white pom pom xenia.
One colony of zooanthids.
One colony of green tea cup protopalythoa

I also recently added:
One frag of Blastomussa Merletti
One frag of Galaxy Astreopora
And one frag of Purple Anthelia.

I'm currently nursing a Trachyphyllia that is just acting strange. After I bought it, it was fine for about a month, but never really opened much, so I moved it into a slightly shadier/less flow area, and since then it has been undergoing skeleton bailout for almost 5 months. About 1/8th of it is anchored to the skeleton, the rest of it puffs up and puts out tentacles like it wants to eat and is happy, it just isn't attached to anything. Weirdest thing I've ever seen. Tried dips and tricks, and tactics, and nothing seems to help it so I've resigned to just leaving it alone since it hasn't gotten better or worse for months now.

Since my last posts I've also lost:
(1) Ocellaris (whole tank is netted, he jumped out the 3" feeding hole for the autofeeder and carpet surfed)
(1) Blue Green Chromis (same story, jumped out, landed on top of the netting, dried up under the lights)
(2) Court Jester gobies; only had one at a time and despite seeing them come out and eat regularly, both just disappeared after a month or so each.
(1) Trumpet; one of my original additions, just didn't find a spot it was happy and it melted
(1) Acan; was a freebie with my original additions and same story, wasn't happy high, low, middle, high flow, low flow, just melted away. I attribute this and the trumpet to possibly just not being stable enough when they were added.

I'll try and get some photos up tonight, its nothing amazing to look at right now, but slow and steady wins the race...

OP
OP
Adalius

Adalius

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2019-12-21 17.38.41.jpg

Been a bit lax on cleaning, so I just quickly cleaned the front glass for some pictures.
2019-12-21 17.38.50.jpg

2019-12-21 17.39.26.jpg

2019-12-21 17.39.40.jpg

2019-12-21 17.39.43.jpg

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 108 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back