Pulsing Xenia removal

In my experience they are super sensitive to hydrogen peroxide. I used it for algae treatment and it wiped out all the xenia without doing much more to stress out other corals. I'm no expert, but it worked for me.
 
Heat spike will melt them too. Massive died off but make sure your skimmer is working well and watch for overflow.
 
Anyone here have experience or informed opinions on the following for reasonably reliable Xenia control: Raccoon Butterflyfish, Copperband Butterflyfish, or possibly Klein’s Butterflyfish?
 
Anyone here have experience or informed opinions on the following for reasonably reliable Xenia control: Raccoon Butterflyfish, Copperband Butterflyfish, or possibly Klein’s Butterflyfish?
I am receiving a Klein this Wednesday, so I will let you know. Got it to eat aiptasia.
 
I used to iniect mine with distilled white vinegar few days before water changes
 
didn't for me, just don't do too much at a time, i just did it to spot check growth
 
Do you have any Emerald Crabs? I only had 1 crab and it crushed my Xenia in 2days, I mean it was 100% gone lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new