Pump schedule.

KassScott

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. Looking for some advice in a starting point for a schedule for my two Nero 5s. They’re on a 120g 4x2x2. One pump on front R side approx 1/3 down tank side and other is left back side approx 1/3 way down. My scape goes somewhat down the middle length of the tank. So I’ve been running them on parent/child mode, random flow, max 50% flow with high variability. So my question is what is appropriate? I only have a pair of clowns in now with more fish coming soon and building from there. One clown is getting a little jagged top fin I’m assuming from sleeping in a little cave at night and maybe getting moved around? The cave is definitely not directly in the pump flow so that’s when I started wondering if I have too much. Anyone willing to share a starting pump schedule? That I can adjust from there with feed times or suggestions for speed, variability, etc? Also wanted to make it “wave maker” maybe? But then couldn’t find the setting that did this. I know I’ve seen it. Lol. Thanks in advance for help.

BBAFA195-BD79-4261-B222-5CBB443AF920.png

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@KassScott I don’t have the same powerheads but I run “reef mode” while the lights are on and then “lagoon mode” when the lights are out. The lagoon mode is a bit more calm and supposedly better resembles night time. There is a 30 min transition between the two modes.

OP
OP
KassScott

KassScott

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@KassScott I don’t have the same powerheads but I run “reef mode” while the lights are on and then “lagoon mode” when the lights are out. The lagoon mode is a bit more calm and supposedly better resembles night time. There is a 30 min transition between the two modes.
Thank you. I don’t have those settings but did wonder if people calmed it down at night. I’ve seen mixed schools of thought on that but only a short conversation so not enough to get a good idea of what was “right” or most natural or whatever. Lol.

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I don’t have those settings but did wonder if people calmed it down at night. I’ve seen mixed schools of thought on that but only a short conversation so not enough to get a good idea of what was “right” or most natural or whatever. Lol.
Completely understand. I used to run one mode all of the time … no one seemed to complain. Hahah.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 40.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 35.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back