Purchased as live rock, but it moves.

Gator2019

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 20, 2017
Messages
105
Reaction score
37
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I assume this is a clam because it opens and closes every now and then, but I don’t see any eyes. Bought it from a LFS as live rock, but it much have gotten mixed up. Any chance on ID/ how to take care of it in an establishing tank.

ED05DB10-DC43-4021-89F3-1BCB1C26F2EB.jpeg 25BE6CDF-F7D6-4D32-B021-2BE771033DD7.jpeg
 
I assume this is a clam because it opens and closes every now and then, but I don’t see any eyes. Bought it from a LFS as live rock, but it much have gotten mixed up. Any chance on ID/ how to take care of it in an establishing tank.

ED05DB10-DC43-4021-89F3-1BCB1C26F2EB.jpeg 25BE6CDF-F7D6-4D32-B021-2BE771033DD7.jpeg
Most likely some kind of mussel, awesome find and a great filter feeder!
 
Most likely some kind of mussel, awesome find and a great filter feeder!
Thanks! Is it okay that the tank wasn’t established first? I was still going to let it cycle for a month, but if I need to leave the lights on and provide food, that may change things.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new