Purple Bushy Acropora challenge

FugeTown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put this coral which is in the difficult category about 2 Months ago and now I know why it’s difficult. I am pleased now after all the tinkering I’ve done with placement, waterflow, dkh/NO3/PO4, and light par levels/height thi seems picky coral FINALLY is showing the bushy polyps a little bit and the purple is starting to come out too. If you have any experience with this particular type of coral please share your experience and what works for you.
0FB3EEF5-B8AB-4045-8F30-D983BE998150.jpeg

OP
OP
FugeTown

FugeTown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been very patient with this coral by lowering the light a half inch at a time each week and finally the light brown parts of the coral have been slowly purpling back up. This has happened in a couple months period of time which I’ve been closely focusing on phosphate , nitrate , calcium, alkalinity, PH, waterflow and like I stated above light. It’s a rewarding feeling to finally see this coral have visible signs of growth and color after all the hard work I’ve put into it. I used to look at all the beautiful sps pictures and think I want I want Iwant , now I look at them completely diffferent as wow what a nice job growing those understanding what it actually takes to achieve such a nice looking reef tank takes so much dedication. I hope to be able to post even better pictures of this acro in the future, on more thing look super close and you’ll see the polyps getting more bushy which is another exciting thing for me. Hope you guys are having a great weekend and happy reefing.
B9D57722-C5E4-4626-ABFF-DF2773C0E4C4.jpeg

OP
OP
FugeTown

FugeTown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, Just took a close look in the tank and couldn’t see any green but the whole colony arrived this light tan color which I wasn’t thrilled about but I gave it time and lots of love. Funny you mentioned the green because I have a frag from the colony I placed way up top that turned green and it’s already growing to the plug. I’m kinda curious if it’ll morph into a different color.Look in the pic it’s almost an aqua blue type color.
71586C2F-9F60-4AAC-88B2-3FED2F8CAD2C.jpeg

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice!
My luck is that a frag starts out glowing some fantastic shade and in the morning its a dull fudge brownie mocha without polyps. :)

The thick branched corals seem more particular about current and light than the thinner acro's ime. The parameters are the key, NICE colors on that colony.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 180 72.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back