Purple Corraline Killing Zoas

reef-lover

Reef Aficionado
View Badges
Joined
Jul 22, 2007
Messages
625
Reaction score
6
Location
Sunny Florida/Tabago
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 30 gallon is covered in purple. I keep my calcium at 420 , mag 1400, and dkh 9. It looks sweet, wifey loves it, but it is actually killing any zoa growing on liverock. I've been watching it smother these zoas for the past month. This rock used to be covered with zoas. pic 1 is a close up of the zoas and corraline creeping up the sides. pic 2 is another close up. Pic 3 is a quarter pic of my tank. Anybody else ever see this in their tank?
 

Attachments

  • #2 (Medium).jpg
    #2 (Medium).jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 180
  • #3 (Medium).jpg
    #3 (Medium).jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 189
  • #1 (Small).jpg
    #1 (Small).jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 220

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new