OP
L

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered a green one. How long did you acclimate before putting it into DT?

This can get contentious and argumentative, but we all have different ways of handling these animals. I used to drip acclimatize anything going into my tank. After speaking to a guy who does such things for a living and has done so for decades, he said that once you adjust the temperature, drip acclimatization only makes us feel better. It does little to nothing for the animal. I stopped doing it years ago and haven’t had a single issue ever. To each his own. It doesn’t do harm and if makes you feel better by all means do it. Many do.
[emoji6]

Mike78

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This can get contentious and argumentative, but we all have different
20190327_151004.jpg
ways of handling these animals. I used to drip acclimatize anything going into my tank. After speaking to a guy who does such things for a living and has done so for decades, he said that once you adjust the temperature, drip acclimatization only makes us feel better. It does little to nothing for the animal. I stopped doing it years ago and haven’t had a single issue ever. To each his own. It doesn’t do harm and if makes you feel better by all means do it. Many do.
emoji6.png
20190327_151004.jpg

New hardy and porcelain crab

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 77.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 4.9%
Back