Purple monti digita help

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rscott
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Rscott

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 29, 2018
Messages
712
Reaction score
478
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it’s my first go with this guy
He looked pretty good for a few weeks
It appears he is getting spots of brown towards the ends of his branches

What does this mean?

He is getting medium ish light right now
Water
Parameters are good besides a bit low on pH but have been dosing kalkwasser to help

Salt 34
Ph7.8
Phosphates .18

1350
430
8.2

Nitrates are a tad high around 25

To much?
 
So it’s my first go with this guy
He looked pretty good for a few weeks
It appears he is getting spots of brown towards the ends of his branches

What does this mean?

He is getting medium ish light right now
Water
Parameters are good besides a bit low on pH but have been dosing kalkwasser to help

Salt 34
Ph7.8
Phosphates .18

1350
430
8.2

Nitrates are a tad high around 25

To much?
Any pics? How old is your tank? Walhat lighting and PAR values are you running?
 
Thanks for the reply

The pics suck because I don’t have any filter
It just looks blue if I power the pics

Lighting is kessil a360x

Probably around 100 par if I had to guess
9 hours a day at 70%

Tank is fairly new at nearly 4 months

Right now the tank is fairly blue being night time but will try and get another pic tomorrow
I read brown digi is usually high nitrate

Might need to pull off a water change and get it down
 
Last edited:
I have a trident
It tests daily
Everything is stable
I only have 8 frags
I only have to dose once a week to keep it around 8.2
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new