Purple Reef Lobster lifespan?

Jeremy K.A.

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 6, 2017
Messages
292
Reaction score
147
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Reefers! I woke up today and found that my Debelius Purple Reef Lobster unfortunately passed away. I had him for 5.5 years and was curious how long they usually live in captivity? I haven't been able to find much information on their lifespans so thought I'd ask here
 
mine just died on Sunday at 10pm... I haven't even had him a year, he died mid molt, but he might've gotten pulled into the skimmer as he lives in there, we have a bunch of fish which he would eat so he lived there, he was very good at avoiding it though.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new