Purple Tang Emergency!

JohnIsNewToReefKeeping

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought my purple tang from a person selling their whole saltwater setup. After the relocation, I put my purple tang in quarantine. He started to develop ich so I dosed the tank with cupormine. He has been in quarantine for 4 weeks now and I noticed him not looking so hot. He is twitching and looks very sick. Could this be HITH / HLLE? Or something else. Please let me know. Thank you!

I have not been keeping up with my water changes. Just an FYI.

OP
OP
J

JohnIsNewToReefKeeping

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had noticed days before his face having many tiny spots of orange on his face but as the days went on nothing really major happened. And i couldn't find out anything about this so i didn't think much of it.

truben1010

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Full life spectrum, Feed them once a day and once a week feed frozen food
Yes te glass is dirty

I fed pellets to my blue hippo and he started to develop lateral line erosion. I switched over to nori and frozen food and he began to look better. You should try feeding nori.

OP
OP
J

JohnIsNewToReefKeeping

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I fed pellets to my blue hippo and he started to develop lateral line erosion. I switched over to nori and frozen food and he began to look better. You should try feeding nori.
Alright first thing in the morning I'll run to my LFS for some nori. And start paying more attention to his diet and throw away the pellets. haha. thank you!

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought my purple tang from a person selling their whole saltwater setup. After the relocation, I put my purple tang in quarantine. He started to develop ich so I dosed the tank with cupormine. He has been in quarantine for 4 weeks now and I noticed him not looking so hot. He is twitching and looks very sick. Could this be HITH / HLLE? Or something else. Please let me know. Thank you!

I have not been keeping up with my water changes. Just an FYI.

Just curious what size tank is he in?

Softhammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pellets are fine but pack that boy with seaweed/ nori. That is a bad case of head and lateral line erosion. Good luck, hope it pulls through.

wesman42

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks to me like those spots are on the tang, considering the picture where he is perpendicular with the glass, I could zoom in and see spots in nearly the same pattern.

I guess I am blind lol!

Softhammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Selcon is reputed to help. I have used it off and on for over a decade and I honestly haven’t seen any results. A bit of fresh seafood every once in a while is probably just as effective.

OP
OP
J

JohnIsNewToReefKeeping

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since he is in qt too i feel like you should treat with copper. Just in case.
He was treated in copper. But I heard that after copper treatment they could get hlle so i took him out of his old qt system and put him in a new one to make sure there was 100% no copper

Air Jordan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i agree with the nori algea,ive always kept my tangs and angels fat with 2 sheets every other day, I spray mine down with garlic guard also it makes it a little less flakey and they LOVE it

lakai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stop using carbon for now. My tanks start to look like that if I leave carbon in too long or use too much.

Back