Purple Tang HLLE

I’ve been using ozone. No carbon ever. Parameters all good. Low phosphate and nitrate. I dose AFR. My biota yellow tang is getting HLLE. I can’t get it to eat anything but the 5 different macro algae’s I have and whatever grows on the rocks. I don’t know what else to do. I’m going to stop the ozone.
It doesn’t eat mysis?
No. It’ll look at them and turn away. It always stuffed with algae. It’ll eat other fishes turds though.
 
I’ve been using ozone. No carbon ever. Parameters all good. Low phosphate and nitrate. I dose AFR. My biota yellow tang is getting HLLE. I can’t get it to eat anything but the 5 different macro algae’s I have and whatever grows on the rocks. I don’t know what else to do. I’m going to stop the ozone.
It doesn’t eat mysis?
No. It’ll look at them and turn away. It always stuffed with algae. It’ll eat other fishes turds though.
It’s probably quite full. As long as it’s fat I wouldn’t worry
 
It’s one of the suspected causes

Proper ozone use has been ruled out as a contributor to HLLE (by the huge number of public aquariums that use it). I can't speak to chronic overdose applications of ozone, but acute instances of high ozone don't seem to cause it either.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new