Puzzled about Disappeared Aptasia?????

Debramb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Hi fellow marine tank friends, Husband and I broke down our 31 year old acrylic all in one tank system (tank 75-80 g, built in below 3 rows of drip trays w/bio balls and 25-30 g beneath that) mid June, put fish, y tang, little hippo, old one died, 10-12 yr od, sailfin tang and a tomato clown, and a brittle star in a 55 g bucket, some live rock and another 55 g for rest of live. New flooring, tile in corner for 100g w/ 30 g Refugium. We had a lot of Aptasia we let get out of control before. While in garage, Aptasia even grew on sides of trash can. Ok, a month later, cringe, tanks up, a few plumbing adjustments and filled! Let it sit 2days with new live sand, some enzymes to promote new bacteria and filled it back up- I guess the cycling went ok-BUT all Aptasia is Gone! Fish all happy and eating like crazy but where did Aptasia go???? Any ideas? Please forgive rock scaping- husband just placed in to get fish back in. Sooo embarrassed to say-no testing kits, on order so I don't know conditions. I'll try to post pic
Thanks for input!!!

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 38 19.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 142 74.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.7%
Back