PVC Foam Sheets use in Reed Tanks

ihavecrabs

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 25, 2014
Messages
2,799
Reaction score
3,353
Location
Illinois
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Randy, at al.

Chemically, would you see any concern around utilizing Palight PVC Foam sheets submerged in a reef tank? They can be searched on lowes.com if you want to get an idea of what I am looking at.

Also, I have heard rumblings that PVC also releases potentially harmful chemicals at temperatures often found in reef tanks? Rumor or fact?

Thanks!
 
Only thing that comes to my mind is stabalizers. Pvc pipe could be stabalized with tin, not sure about foam though. I wouldnt use it.
 
Yeah and tins pretty toxic too no?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 12.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new