Pygmy Angel Help!!!!

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is she still eating? If so, and if you can find it in a lfs near you, Dr G's antibacterial (frozen) food may help. It has helped some of my sick fish in the past and the fish have all loved it. Just a thought.

OP
OP
Baby Ray

Baby Ray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the white thing protruding outward or does it look like some of her skin is missing? I can't tell from the photos.
It looks like the scales are missing. It isn't protruding put of her. she is still alive this morning and it still doesn't seem to affect her. It hasn't gotten any bigger or smaller this morning.

OP
OP
Baby Ray

Baby Ray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is she still eating? If so, and if you can find it in a lfs near you, Dr G's antibacterial (frozen) food may help. It has helped some of my sick fish in the past and the fish have all loved it. Just a thought.
Yes, she is eating like a hog :)
Thank you!! Is the food reef safe?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like the scales are missing. It isn't protruding put of her. she is still alive this morning and it still doesn't seem to affect her. It hasn't gotten any bigger or smaller this morning.

Sounds like damage, whether it is a wound inflicted by the anemone or something else. The million dollar question is whether or not it will get infected; if that happens she could go down quick.

Of course, the best thing you can do is QT and treat with antibiotics as @melypr1985 suggested. But in lieu of that, I would do some water changes (to keep the water clean), and food soak vitamins and/or antibiotics. You can use the frozen food @prsnlty suggested, or make your own by food soaking Kanaplex using Seachem Focus to bind the medication. Both options are reef safe. :)

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use Selcon, Zoecon, Vita-chem and other vitamin supplements to soak her food with.

No binding needed, as none of these are harmful to corals/inverts.

OP
OP
Baby Ray

Baby Ray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like damage, whether it is a wound inflicted by the anemone or something else. The million dollar question is whether or not it will get infected; if that happens she could go down quick.

Of course, the best thing you can do is QT and treat with antibiotics as @melypr1985 suggested. But in lieu of that, I would do some water changes (to keep the water clean), and food soak vitamins and/or antibiotics. You can use the frozen food @prsnlty suggested, or make your own by food soaking Kanaplex using Seachem Focus to bind the medication. Both options are reef safe. :)
Well, my LFS is over and hour away and I don't have my drivers license so I have no way to get there. I do have metroplex and focus. Would that help? I also have selcon to soak her food in. Would that do anything? Those are the only medications I have right now

OP
OP
Baby Ray

Baby Ray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use Selcon, Zoecon, Vita-chem and other vitamin supplements to soak her food with.

No binding needed, as none of these are harmful to corals/inverts.
You just answered one of my questions :)

OP
OP
Baby Ray

Baby Ray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much!!! I just fed her and she is still eating well and acting fine. I will do a water change you keep you guys posted

OP
OP
Baby Ray

Baby Ray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long do you think it will take to heal up?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, my LFS is over and hour away and I don't have my drivers license so I have no way to get there. I do have metroplex and focus. Would that help? I also have selcon to soak her food in. Would that do anything? Those are the only medications I have right now

Of those available options I would just start soaking her food with Selcon.

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I 100% agree. Better safe then sorry. Strengthen her immune system and some antibacterial food wouldn't hurt.

OP
OP
Baby Ray

Baby Ray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1312.JPG
IMG_1311.JPG

These are the best pictures I could get. Do you guys think the wound looks better for worse. He had become a much darker color

OP
OP
Baby Ray

Baby Ray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1312.JPG
IMG_1311.JPG

These are the best pictures I could get. Do you guys think the wound looks better for worse. He had become a much darker color
Not he has become a darker the color, it has become a darker color :p
She is till eating great and acting normal. I have been watching her and I don't see any signs of sickness

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not he has become a darker the color, it has become a darker color :p
She is till eating great and acting normal. I have been watching her and I don't see any signs of sickness

She looks pretty darn good. You've done a great job there.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 63 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back